Join for free
Page 35 of 35 « First < 25 33 34 35
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 04:26 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I am becoming mightily fed up with people whinging and whining about what is and what is not happening in our efforts to disentangle ourselves from the EU's clutches. In fact, if all the tautological posts were to be deleted from this and other threads, the threads themselves would be so much smaller.

"Britain is set for a brighter economic future and the EU can't bear it". Yes, of course it is and the EU is being a bullying prat. The only thing holding us back at the moment is the EU and it's infantile antics.

IMHO, what many people were, and to a large extent still are, expecting was for Boris to hit the "GO" button on Jan 1st and all would be rosy. (I saw this sort of thing happen in South Africa when Mandela was elected President. When nothing happened as swiftly as the general populace wanted it to, that's when all the knee-jerk reactions started and many of them are still living in townships just as they were beforehand). It ain't gonna happen that fast chaps and chappesses, it's going to take at least a couple of years to even begin to sort out even the major problems. (Now we're going to have to contend with the USA getting involved with the border problems between the UK and RoI as reported widely this morning.)

While it would feel great if we could see Boris and Co kick the sh!t out of the EU once in a while, I do NOT believe for a single moment that such knee-jerk reactions would serve us well in the long-term.
So what are we supposed to do we do in the meantime Percy ... I'm not one for sitting on my hands, look what happened with Blair, Heath and Major. So far knee jerk reactions is exactly what the EU has been doing to us. I expect teething problems but Ireland and Fishing are a whole different ball game.

I'm not going to just sit there and wait for the government to sort this out in the next 3 years or so, we have already spent over 5 years and enough is enough.

On the Irish Border, everyone knows Biden supported the IRA and funded them through Noraid, his intervention in Ireland should be taken with the contempt it deserves.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
So what are we supposed to do we do in the meantime Percy ... I'm not one for sitting on my hands, look what happened with Blair, Heath and Major. So far knee jerk reactions is exactly what the EU has been doing to us. I expect teething problems but Ireland and Fishing are a whole different ball game.

I'm not going to just sit there and wait for the government to sort this out in the next 3 years or so, we have already spent over 5 years and enough is enough.

On the Irish Border, everyone knows Biden supported the IRA and funded them through Noraid, his intervention in Ireland should be taken with the contempt it deserves.
Unlike you, Bread, I do not profess to know the answer to these conundrums.

You say we have spent over 5 years on this already and I will take you to task on this. From June 2016 until December 2019, all of the time was spent in the UK with various factions fighting the result of the referendum, with everyone in the EU laughing their arses off at these factions bickering amongst themselves - have you forgotten about Gina Miller woman already, for example? That only leaves 15 months since the Tory win in Dec 2019 for Boris and Co to get the negotiations started, "discussed", etc. In the great scheme of things another 2 or 3 years isn't a long time imho.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I usually scroll on past, for obvious reasons, but I thought just for once I'd go to the trouble of copying and pasting just a few of the words I've just seen.

peurile (sic) determination
Keep up the infantile insults
your frankly crazy claims
a faceless keyboard warrior with his head up a fishy bottom
some of the other guff in here was delusional
making yourselves look worse than daft

I'm not surprised that most people don't participate.

Perhaps he has Tourette's.
Aw that's such a nice post that you've thought of yourself there, isn't it?
*Sniggers at the sheer hypocrisy of it.*

If you think that why are you ignoring that which prompts such responses from me?
Or are you just set upon blithely ignoring the patently bleedin' obvious and then stoking tension with your own ignorance as that's the impression readers will get.
That's why people don't visit this area of the forum.

If you disagree perhaps you would say why you haven't mantioned the wording used about me like these or the worse ones from recent posts before they vanished into the ether:

"Your making things up again"[sic]
"condescending, arrogant and bigoted to everyone"
"If you knew what you were talking about"
Of course it usually ends up with the really nasty stuff being removed.
Ask yourself whose that most frequently is.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 05:57 PM

I am becoming mightily fed up with people whinging and whining about what is and what is not happening in our efforts to disentangle ourselves from the EU's clutches. In fact, if all the tautological posts were to be deleted from this and other threads, the threads themselves would be so much smaller.

"Britain is set for a brighter economic future and the EU can't bear it". Yes, of course it is and the EU is being a bullying prat. The only thing holding us back at the moment is the EU and it's infantile antics.

IMHO, what many people were, and to a large extent still are, expecting was for Boris to hit the "GO" button on Jan 1st and all would be rosy. (I saw this sort of thing happen in South Africa when Mandela was elected President. When nothing happened as swiftly as the general populace wanted it to, that's when all the knee-jerk reactions started and many of them are still living in townships just as they were beforehand). It ain't gonna happen that fast chaps and chappesses, it's going to take at least a couple of years to even begin to sort out even the major problems. (Now we're going to have to contend with the USA getting involved with the border problems between the UK and RoI as reported widely this morning.)

While it would feel great if we could see Boris and Co kick the sh!t out of the EU once in a while, I do NOT believe for a single moment that such knee-jerk reactions would serve us well in the long-term.
Hurrah for a voice of reason!

Sadly to the unreasonable ones (as I see you've already discovered from the response you got) any attempt at being reasonable and pointing out a few facts soon descends into farce and then insult.

You say we have spent over 5 years on this already and I will take you to task on this. From June 2016 until December 2019, all of the time was spent in the UK with various factions fighting the result of the referendum, with everyone in the EU laughing their arses off at these factions bickering amongst themselves - have you forgotten about Gina Miller woman already, for example? That only leaves 15 months since the Tory win in Dec 2019 for Boris and Co to get the negotiations started, "discussed", etc. In the great scheme of things another 2 or 3 years isn't a long time imho.
Quite so but as I say, beware of telling the truth because from my own experience such actions soon descend into accrimony.

Maybe it's better to leave those foolish enough to make visible their blind hatred alone to their misery because it obviously hurts them to see the popularity of Boris and the Government rising and our country doing well in the face of their pointless objections.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 06:19 PM

On the time scale of Brexit Percy you discount the 3yrs of MAY as not being Brexit? Where as those 3 yrs were the start of our problem?
Imo when Boris took over from her he merely changed her strategy
to overturn brexit from the word go, to a strategy to overturn
brexit by pretending to go all out for a proper brexit at the beginning
of negotiations and then at the last minute reverse everything when
he believed it would be too late to rectify things??
For these reasons Brexit has taken from 2,016 to now 2021 which
means we are now in to our fifth year and still counting! Most of this time as you say due to Tory and parliament itself infighting?
This Tory infighting continues to this day despite what they say !!
The remainers are determined to get their way and if they can't
actually overturn brexit the will settle for a really soft brexit?
That's my view Percy, and it's born out by the actual events !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤗🤗👎
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Sadly to the unreasonable ones (as I see you've already discovered from the response you got) any attempt at being reasonable and pointing out a few facts soon descends into farce and then insult.

Quite so but as I say, beware of telling the truth because from my own experience such actions soon descend into accrimony.

Maybe it's better to leave those foolish enough to make visible their blind hatred alone to their misery because it obviously hurts them to see the popularity of Boris and the Government rising and our country doing well in the face of their pointless objections.

I voted for Boris Johnson.

Stop making things up. My objections aren't pointless either you just think everything great because you don't know any better.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

BLIND HATRED !! where did that come from??
I am on record as saying l quite like Boris, but l just don't trust him !!
And it turns out l was correct in that??

Donkeyman! 👎👎🤗🤗👎👎
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 06:39 PM

***** This thread is now closed.

I am fed up with you ignoring moderator warnings about continual personal bickering. I have better things to do in my life than continuenly checking all your posts every day which are ruining the forum.

Page 35 of 35 « First < 25 33 34 35

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top