Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 03:13 PM

Re: False Nails.

My work was foot health care so I decided to also branch off and do manicure and pedicures in peoples own homes . A lovely indulgence

One of my clients a gentleman who's toe nails I used to cut asked me to paint his toe nails each time I did his feet . I did and he loved them . I was happy to do this for him and his wife never minded either

I paint my own nails
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 03:54 PM

I've never had false nails or false eye lashes ..... I manage with what 'God' gave me!

I have been known to wear nail polish on special occasions though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've never had false nails or false eye lasses ..... I manage with what 'God' gave me!

I have been known to wear nail polish on special occasions though.

I’ve never worn false lasses ,either Mags,

I only wear tinted moisturiser and lipstick...nothing on my eyes......I’m surprised I have any lashes to be honest, when I was very young,I used to pull them off, with the glue dried and still attached to my own eyelashes,...

Did I see “God”...I like the way you gave him a capital G...he liked that!..

Ps, found another born again site,...very happy there,Mags....” phew” she says!!.....very tolerant you two have been.... thank you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My work was foot health care so I decided to also branch off and do manicure and pedicures in peoples own homes . A lovely indulgence

One of my clients a gentleman who's toe nails I used to cut asked me to paint his toe nails each time I did his feet . I did and he loved them . I was happy to do this for him and his wife never minded either

I paint my own nails

Crikey,Susan, I’d have a fit, if I had a boyfriend, and he asked me to paint his nails...... what ever takes your fancy I guess.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
😂🤣😅....that brought back memories,when I used to wear false eyelashes, I was kissing a boyfriend,one of them fell off!!....😂🤣😅
Oh dear, haha, that made me giggle Pauline!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 10:35 PM

Each to their own, I think false nails, are just that, “ false”..they look tacky to me,
Agree

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One other fashion I loathe is the one where the nails are squared off and just the tips painted white - looks revolting!
Agree

I'm a dreadful snob when it comes to certain 'beauty' products.

False nails, false lashes, and the trend for those daft brows, to my mind put women into a certain category, and it's not a complimentary one.

Some women are gifted with lovely feminine hands and nails.
Others have rather masculine hands and large broad nails. Those with masculine hands and broad nails don't suit false nails.
I'm sure they feel very happy with the finished look, but IMO it just doesn't cut it. TBH I think they look gross.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-02-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by pesta ->
agree

Agree

I'm a dreadful snob when it comes to certain 'beauty' products.

False nails, false lashes, and the trend for those daft brows, to my mind put women into a certain category, and it's not a complimentary one.

Some women are gifted with lovely feminine hands and nails.
Others have rather masculine hands and large broad nails. Those with masculine hands and broad nails don't suit false nails.
I'm sure they feel very happy with the finished look, but imo it just doesn't cut it. Tbh i think they look gross.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 12:14 AM

I don’t like false nails one bit, yet l like false eyelashes which l still wear occasionally. (Before the lockdowns. Natural ones, not like Barbara Cartland! ).
Rockchick
Lancs UK
Rockchick is female 

10-07-2021, 03:58 PM

Hmm well, I'll jump in on this thread.
My nails are rubbish, they split downwards and no matter how many times i file them, I always managed to snag them and there you go another split, Ahh so frustrating. So last year I decided to go to a salon and get them done properly. At first I had acrylic nails done and left clear ( I just wanted the strength ). But now I have gel builder, its not as bad for your nails, so I'm told and read. I keep then quite short. But now I can go for nice subtle colours, I can't go too bold because of my job. ( and being in Male mode at work )

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	RkWjrMgfTdq1G%786TjT7Q.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	16222  
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 04:36 PM

😂🤣😅....that brought back memories,when I used to wear false eyelashes, I was kissing a boyfriend,one of them fell off!!....😂🤣😅
One of the boyfriends?

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top