Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 10:39 PM

Re: Gout! Again....

Originally Posted by carol ->
Hope it's easing off a bit now Foxy.

Did the doctor prescribe colchicine?
Thanks Carol, yes I got colchicine and it's been feeling better as the day wore on. It doesn't feel so inflamed but it's still swollen and I can't stand on it yet. But at least it doesn't keep me awake at night now....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Carol, yes I got colchicine and it's been feeling better as the day wore on. It doesn't feel so inflamed but it's still swollen and I can't stand on it yet. But at least it doesn't keep me awake at night now....
Hmmmm, so we can expect to be kept awake with your snoring now ...

Only joking FoxyLoxy.... good to hear it's feeling a tad better.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Hmmmm, so we can expect to be kept awake with your snoring now ...

Only joking FoxyLoxy.... good to hear it's feeling a tad better.
Thanks Pesta........But how did you know I snore?

The good news is, my toe feels 50% better this morning and although I'm not ready to go cartwheeling around the neighbourhood yet....
I've just managed to guide a trolley round Tescos to stock up with soup and custard creams....YES!....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:39 AM

Foxy, I am sorry to read that you have been suffering. I know from others who have had Gout that the pain is excruciating and it’s difficult to walk with the pain.

Today, I read in another thread that you say it’s not clearing up as quickly as before. That’s a bit rotten for you but l read the temperatures are supposed to get a bit warmer so let’s hope you are back to A1 condition very soon!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-02-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, I am sorry to read that you have been suffering. I know from others who have had Gout that the pain is excruciating and it’s difficult to walk with the pain.

Today, I read in another thread that you say it’s not clearing up as quickly as before. That’s a bit rotten for you but l read the temperatures are supposed to get a bit warmer so let’s hope you are back to A1 condition very soon!
Thanks Arty..... Yep, it's made me a bit grumpy as well....
I seem to be over the worst of the pain now after taking a few colchicine tablets, apparently they are strong little buggers and have to be treated with respect.....

It was because of this that I checked them out on the internet and apparently the way they work is to lower your immune system so your body doesn't react to the inflammation..... I think that with all this covid flying around, lowering my immune system doesn't sound like a very good idea, so I've stopped taking them...
You only take them until your pain subsides anyway.

I'm missing not getting out for a run, or even a walk, but been keeping busy inventing stuff in the workshop, it's all been invented before but who cares.... I'm working on the wheel at the moment...(only joking) a metal detector is taking my time at the moment, and I'll be able to go out and find a Roman Hoard once this snow melts.
Stay safe Arty and thanks for your good wishes....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:57 PM

Thanks Arty..... Yep, it's made me a bit grumpy as well....
I seem to be over the worst of the pain now after taking a few colchicine tablets, apparently they are strong little buggers and have to be treated with respect.....

It was because of this that I checked them out on the internet and apparently the way they work is to lower your immune system so your body doesn't react to the inflammation..... I think that with all this covid flying around, lowering my immune system doesn't sound like a very good idea, so I've stopped taking them...
You only take them until your pain subsides anyway.

I'm missing not getting out for a run, or even a walk, but been keeping busy inventing stuff in the workshop, it's all been invented before but who cares.... I'm working on the wheel at the moment...(only joking) a metal detector is taking my time at the moment, and I'll be able to go out and find a Roman Hoard once this snow melts.
Stay safe Arty and thanks for your good wishes....
I've been quietly following your work towards finding your buried fortune but I've not said owt because it's outside my sphere of experience. It's interesting stuff though.
There's been a few decent finds in Lincolnshire IIRC.

But it's good to see that your gout is improving, so that hopefully you will be able to get out running before much longer.

If I'm brave enough when the weather improves I might start running myself, gently at first of course.
It depends upon a few health things but I know the score, although I haven't run regularly for 20-odd years.
Or maybe more .........
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:57 PM

Ouch!

Sly old grey fox how are you doing? Your foot looks very sore - sorry for your pain
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-02-2021, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I've been quietly following your work towards finding your buried fortune but I've not said owt because it's outside my sphere of experience. It's interesting stuff though.
There's been a few decent finds in Lincolnshire IIRC.

But it's good to see that your gout is improving, so that hopefully you will be able to get out running before much longer.

If I'm brave enough when the weather improves I might start running myself, gently at first of course.
It depends upon a few health things but I know the score, although I haven't run regularly for 20-odd years.
Or maybe more .........
Thanks Zaphod, I'm glad you've been looking in on my project, it keeps me out of trouble during lockdown, and who knows, I might take to this treasure hunting. Perhaps you will see me in a field near you in the future.....

I don't think I could survive without my running Zaphod. I don't care how slow I get, it's just nice to get out in the country and have some 'Me Time' to charge up the batteries. I can recommend it.....If you haven't run for twenty years just take it steady and don't worry about the pace. I will look forward to hearing about your progress...
I'm going to try a walk round the village tomorrow.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-02-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Sly old grey fox how are you doing? Your foot looks very sore - sorry for your pain
Each day is easier than the last Minx, thanks for asking....
The weather has been abysmal here just lately, so it's not been too hard not to run, but I'm beginning to feel guilty now so I'll try a walk tomorrow....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:58 PM

Each day is easier than the last Minx, thanks for asking....
The weather has been abysmal here just lately, so it's not been too hard not to run, but I'm beginning to feel guilty now so I'll try a walk tomorrow....
Hang in there, old fellow!

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top