Join for free
Page 17 of 33 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 05:00 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

Thanks for the heads up Ted.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:29 AM

I have just won a latest iPhone for 1 penny. I just happened to click the correct box on my second try. Wow. Now this was a Amazon thing so it said. I started to fill out my details, until it asked for my bank details. Hold up... Amazon already have my bank details, that only requires a password. Scrolled back and deleted all the details I had already written.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 12:26 PM

I just got a call on my mobile (from a visible number, not private caller) and on answering I got an automated voice saying my N.I number had been suspended due to being associated with criminal and illegal activity (!!!!)

Press 1 to be connected and go through the process of preventing this action.

Needless to say I didn't press anything, but politely gave them a suggestion as to what they could do with themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I just got a call on my mobile (from a visible number, not private caller) and on answering I got an automated voice saying my N.I number had been suspended due to being associated with criminal and illegal activity (!!!!)

Press 1 to be connected and go through the process of preventing this action.

Needless to say I didn't press anything, but politely gave them a suggestion as to what they could do with themselves.

Beggars aren't they!

How on earth do they dream all these scams up?
If only these fraudsters put their minds to good use instead ..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 02:59 PM

I know Mups, its awful to think of the amount of people who have fallen for this. I was in town once and noticed an old shop had been reopened and there were a few guys putting stuff on the windows. I went over to have a nosy and possibly ask what was happening with the shop. I peeked in as I was passing, and the place was bare empty, save a table in the middle piled high with mobile phones, and half a dozen guys sitting round it, all on phones. I hightailed it away pretty quickly I can tell you!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 03:45 PM

Santander Bank Message:-

Dear Customer,

Please note we recently reviewed your account, and we suspect an unauthorized transaction 13/01/2021.

Therefore as a preventive measure we will temporarily limit your access to sensitive Santander Online features.

We have encountered difficulties verifying your account information.>>and so on "

I rang Santander, this morning and they confirmed that this must be a scam.

They asked me to forward the message but their phishing address is screwed up!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 09:17 PM

Somebody has been busy today....
I got a call from BT telling me there has been a serious problem and my Telephone and broadband will be terminated in twenty minutes. I need to press one to verify my details and prevent being cut off.......Good luck with that I replied...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I got a call from BT telling me there has been a serious problem and my Telephone and broadband will be terminated in twenty minutes. I need to press one to verify my details and prevent being cut off.......Good luck with that I replied...
We often receive that call Bob, I answer by cutting them off instead!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We often receive that call Bob, I answer by cutting them off instead!

Yes I've had that one too. I've had the Talk Talk one too where they tell me they need to improve the speed on my computer I just need to give them automatic access....as if.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I had a similar one on Tuesday where I was told that there was 'suspicious activity' on my BT line. I said I would contact BT myself to check it out and then I hung up. He rang straight back and began again - I hung up again. As soon as I had put down the phone he rang yet again - I turned the answer phone on. No message left and no more calls from him. I was beginning to be concerned that it was a real BT man because he kept ringing but my broadband and phone are still working ok. I checked the phone number he was ringing from on google and it came up that the code was from Australia!

Page 17 of 33 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top