Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:02 PM

Re: Rant alert - re Lockdown!

Thank you LT I'd like to bet that if push came to shove, you'd do the same though.

Actually, Pesta, you are right but, like you both, it would be for the sake of my children!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My post was merely an observation. I was not targeting anyone in particular l was just generalising. So there’s no need for anyone to get paranoid!

This is what l mean about goody goody huggers. Their caring is on ‘their terms’ and they tend to cherry pick who they will give their ‘care’ to.

Caring for someone who needs someone doesn’t end at a hug. The other person should be there for them beyond the hug.

Yes, ok the phone call is probably inconvenient at times. Yes, the conversation might be mundane and boring but what’s wrong in expanding the conversation and not get annoyed with the person. They are probably very lonely and haven’t opened their mouth for days to utter a word to another human..

Well your wings certainly shine brightly today, Artangel.

So with all your copious caring, how about when you know full well I live alone, was whisked off to hospital by ambulance last week, and have been in a severe pain ever since, yet there has not so much as a simple " Hope you feel better soon" mentioned?
It is kinder to sit there and pick holes instead, ey.

I am leaving this thread now as I admit I am both very annoyed and very hurt at your repeated digs at me under the guise of 'merely observing.'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well your wings certainly shine brightly today, Artangel.

So with all your copious caring, how about when you know full well I live alone, was whisked off to hospital by ambulance last week, and have been in a severe pain ever since, yet there has not so much as a simple " Hope you feel better soon" mentioned?
It is kinder to sit there and pick holes instead, ey.

I am leaving this thread now as I admit I am both very annoyed and very hurt at your repeated digs at me under the guise of 'merely observing.'
Mups, You know very well l asked another member who is in contact with you, to contact you to ask if you were ok as l hadn’t seen you posting.

The member did contact you but l was told you distinctly requested me not to mention it, so l respected your wishes and didn’t say a word.
I also was told your son and his wife were involved and someone was taking care of your dogs.

On the other hand, why didn’t you contact me and thank me for noticing and caring that you hadn’t been about for a few days?

Please stop accusing me of getting at you as l am not, l am commenting on a thread.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

So with all your copious caring, how about when you know full well I live alone, was whisked off to hospital by ambulance last week, and have been in a severe pain ever since,
.'
OMG - I obviously don't come here often enough.
I knew nothing of this Mups.

I'm so sorry you're in pain. Get better soon.x
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:26 AM

I don’t understand?
Many members on here profess to be caring and will always stop and hug lonely people and chat to them..
Yet if the same lonely people ring you up, you don’t want to talk to them!

lt’s a funny old world!
We are not hugging anyone at the moment Art .
Except Mr M of course I shall give him a nice hug it is Valentine’s Day after all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:54 AM

I don’t understand?
Many members on here profess to be caring and will always stop and hug lonely people and chat to them..

lt’s a funny old world!
Art no lonely people telephone me, some people who don't live alone automatically assume I live alone so must lonely and that I need to get a phone call .
They tend to phone when I have just settled down to watch something on the TV, sit down to a meal that has taken ages to prepare or stepped into the shower.

The only people I hug are close family and I haven't hugged them for over a year. I give more virtual hugs on here than to people in 'real life' I am not comfortable with strangers touching me.

Dogs are a different matter, I will hug any old dog

I used to have a friend, an alcoholic who would ring me in a semi drunken stupor and be on the phone for hours. I never got chance to say more than 2 words because she wanted to rant about her family not chat to me. I used to put the phone on one side and go and do something else then come back and she was still ranting.

She died a few years ago, the same person who wrote into her will that her daughters (who were due to inherit her millions under a family trust) should not be informed of her death until after her funeral.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
OMG - I obviously don't come here often enough.
I knew nothing of this Mups.

I'm so sorry you're in pain. Get better soon.x
Mups I am so sorry I missed this too xx
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 01:20 PM

Meg, I have many times settled down with my evening meal in front of the telly, answered the phone and then spent the entire conversation eating with a fork in one hand. True, I should have left it (I know who is calling, my phone gives a voice alert), but that person normally knows I am home evenings. I try to say I’ve just sat down with my meal but they invariably want to carry on chatting.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Jazzi - couldn't you just say you're eating & will ring them back!

That's what I do if anybody interupts my evening meal.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:38 PM

It’s when your friends don’t ring you that you should worry!

I feel ever so sorry for the woman with the cat. She sounds so lonely and all she has is her cat to talk to.
In a different time she might be quite interesting but at the moment, what else does she have to talk about if she never leaves the house?

ST, give her my number and l will chat to her!
I don’t understand?

lt’s a funny old world!
My post was merely an observation. I was not targeting anyone in particular l was just generalising. So there’s no need for anyone to get paranoid!

This is what l mean about goody goody huggers. Their caring is on ‘their terms’ and they tend to cherry pick who they will give their ‘care’ to.

Caring for someone who needs someone doesn’t end at a hug. The other person should be there for them beyond the hug.

Yes, ok the phone call is probably inconvenient at times. Yes, the conversation might be mundane and boring but what’s wrong in expanding the conversation and not get annoyed with the person. They are probably very lonely and haven’t opened their mouth for days to utter a word to another human..

This is what I find irritating.

Folk highlighting in the middle of a pandemic about the suffering of others, in whatever capacity. Cue the bandwagon of the faux caring brigade who under normal times, never lift a finger to help alleviate others' sufferings.

Hello???? It goes on 24/7 every day of every year. The pandemic has heightened what already exists.

Suffering isn't just for pandemics - like dogs aren't just for Christmas.

Art, you've had the whole of your life to do something for others, not just in the middle of a pandemic - which is a year on now BTW, so you've had plenty of time to do something if you care so much.

But wait - the volunteer forms are too intrusive you say, so you won't do it. Which does rather speak volumes about how truly caring one might or might not be.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top