Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 08:24 PM

Climbing The Family Tree?

I've had an Ancestry UK Account,,for a lot of years, and out tree is up there for all the family to read, whenever they want.

It's a bit expensive and a bit boring, so i just, sort of maintain the tree.

Out of the blue, however, one on my son-in-laws has received a very upmarket letter, from a firm called Fraser & Fraser, saying that they have found an estate which ought to be interesting for him.

They don't go into details, except to give him the estate person's name. (They wouldn't want to give him enough info so he could do it himself)

They suggest that he could sign up for them to "do the rest"

Remembering the old "Find Your Past" TV program. and bearing in mind the quality of the package he was mailed, I don't think it is a scam.(other than a money making ioperation).

What I'm looking for is anyone else who has had this experience.

I'm thinking that he should try to find it first and only pay up if he can't get there!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 08:31 PM

Re: Climbing The Family Tree?

I reached the top and had to stop
And that's what bothering me

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 09:03 PM

Have they given concrete information? It sounds a bit vague "an estate which could be of interest to him" Either it IS, or it ISN'T. Sounds a bit dodgy, if I'm honest....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Tread wearily as it could be a scam
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 09:45 PM

Heir hunters normally work on commission from the estate/executors etcetera. I would be very wary of any outfit asking for money up front.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 09:51 PM

Thanks for your replies, so far.

He will be ringing the Company (Fraser & Fraser) - which apppears to be a big player in this type of search.

One thing they seem to do is analyse unclaimed heritage & see if they can complete it on behalf of whoever.

More later!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 10:10 PM

He should look up the number from their website and check that it is the same one as on the letter.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

24-02-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
He should look up the number from their website and check that it is the same one as on the letter.

He'll be checking them out shortly:-

[link removed]
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 10:42 PM

Ask him to read reviews of Fraser and Fraser Heir hunters....there are also lots of articles in various newspapers about them. Also, read this:
[link removed]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:01 PM

Forget the history, go for the PPI.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top