Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:42 PM

Re: Shamima Begum loses.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.

Yes, I read about this on Facebook.
What I find staggering is that the Supreme Court actually ruled in favour of Britain!

Well not really, it is the British Supreme Court after all.

Oh wait ---
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The ECHR is not an EU Body, it has far more members than the EU.

We set it up, it is our baby and was designed to make sure another Nazi Germany could arise.

It protects our right to Free Speech.

The problem is with our Government and the way we administer it.

We pay Poland to keep one of our Terrorists.

You do not want to be a Terrorist in Piotrków Trybunalski Prison.

You are in solitary, you have standard prison food, no need to eat anything Non Halal, your choice you can starve yourself to death.

You have absolutely no chance of getting on the Internet or a smuggled mobile, you are kept in a Faraday Cage.

All legal.
I know the ECHR is not an EU body so there was no need to explain that Swimmy.

As for starving yourself to death, that is totally verbotten in Islam. According to a very good Muslim friend of mine, all that is needed is for a Muslim to say a prayer over the food served to him/her and that's good enough. This even applies to pork and pork products if there is nothing else available to eat.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I know the ECHR is not an EU body so there was no need to explain that Swimmy.

As for starving yourself to death, that is totally verbotten in Islam. According to a very good Muslim friend of mine, all that is needed is for a Muslim to say a prayer over the food served to him/her and that's good enough. This even applies to pork and pork products if there is nothing else available to eat.
Sounds like a religion of convenience then Percy ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sounds like a religion of convenience then Percy ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yes it does. There are, apparently, a number of "get out" clauses such as combining the set daily prayers, e.g. if you are driving and can't conveniently stop somewhere safe, then you're allowed to miss a set prayer and combine it with the next one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 05:25 PM

The ECHR is not an EU Body, it has far more members than the EU.
True. The 47 member nations are:

The 27 EU member states:
Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Greece, Germany, Austria, Cyprus, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Lithuania, Croatia, Slovenia, Czechia, Slovakia, Romania, Latvia.

20 non-EU members:
United Kingdom, Norway, Turkey, Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, Albania, Moldova, Ukraine, Macedonia, Russian Federation, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Monaco, Montenegro.

Clearly, if it ever came to a vote and assuming that each member has an equal vote, the unified EU could easily carry any decision.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well not really, it is the British Supreme Court after all.

Oh wait ---
Yes - nominally, but look at their past rulings!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:17 PM

True. The 47 member nations are:

The 27 EU member states:
Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Greece, Germany, Austria, Cyprus, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Lithuania, Croatia, Slovenia, Czechia, Slovakia, Romania, Latvia.

20 non-EU members:
United Kingdom, Norway, Turkey, Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, Albania, Moldova, Ukraine, Macedonia, Russian Federation, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Monaco, Montenegro.

Clearly, if it ever came to a vote and assuming that each member has an equal vote, the unified EU could easily carry any decision.
Hi

It doesn't work like.

It guarantees us freedom from prosecution for our religions and beliefs and makes sure we can call politicians all the names we want to without fear of prosecution.

Essential in my view, if Corbyn and Abbott where in charge my language would be even worse.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-02-2021, 06:55 PM

It doesn't work like.

It guarantees us freedom from prosecution for our religions and beliefs and makes sure we can call politicians all the names we want to without fear of prosecution.

Essential in my view, if Corbyn and Abbott where in charge my language would be even worse.
Doesn't the ECHR work to protect the human rights of our illegal immigrants?
Doesn't the ECHR work to prevent our repatriating them whence they came?

For example:
https://eumigrationlawblog.eu/hot-re...fore-the-echr/
and
https://odihpn.org/magazine/the-huma...ees-in-the-uk/

The impression I get is that the onus is on us to prove that they are not asylum seekers, rather than on them to prove that they are.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thanks for explaining, Zaphod, the consequences of her actions, she has certainly dug herself a huge hole...I never knew she showed no remorse,..as you say, if she had, the outcome “ might” have been different....
You are very welcome.

Had she even falsely shown remorse I'm pretty sure that she would have garnered the support of at least some people, though whether or not that would have made any real difference we will never know.
Certainly by her resolute stance and absolute refusal to publicly show any remorse whatsoever she has done herself absolutely no favour whatsoever.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:41 PM

Doesn't the ECHR work to protect the human rights of our illegal immigrants?
Doesn't the ECHR work to prevent our repatriating them whence they came?

For example:
https://eumigrationlawblog.eu/hot-re...fore-the-echr/
and
https://odihpn.org/magazine/the-huma...ees-in-the-uk/

The impression I get is that the onus is on us to prove that they are not asylum seekers, rather than on them to prove that they are.
Hi

Nope, it is our stupid interpretation of it which is the problem.

We have a huge industry of of so called Human Rights Lawyers, a lot of which are highly paid in the Legal Profession and also MPs.

Think Cherie Blair and her mates.

Other Countries do not have this problem.

Germany can evict them in six weeks, we take years.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top