Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:00 PM

Simple is Better

Hi

Loads of complaints from special interest groups about the extension of vaccination.

KISS is the way forward.

Keep it Simple Stupid.

We have a working system which is well ahead of others, don't complicate it, do it by age and everyone will be done quicker.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Re: Simple is Better

I thought they were doing it by age groups?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:25 PM

I don't know, Swim...

My young daughter is high risk - immunosuppressed because she is still fighting her brain disease and still ineligible for the shot because she is young.

Not sure us older folks who have lived full, long lives should be prioritized over younger ones who are high risk through no fault of their own.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I don't know, Swim...

My young daughter is high risk - immunosuppressed because she is still fighting her brain disease and still ineligible for the shot because she is young.

Not sure us older folks nearing the end of their lives should be prioritized over younger ones who are high risk through no fault of their own.
Hi

Apologies Surfermom.

I did not make myself clear, entirely my fault.

Here in the UK we have a special category for those most at Medical Risk, they are getting vaccinated now, irrespective of age.

I was talking about special interest groups, teachers, police etc where there is no evidence that they are more at risk.

We have loads of vaccine here, it is free and we are doing groups by strict epidemiological need.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:36 PM

I have to disagree there Swimmy. Teachers, Police, Retail etc are all in regular contact with the public, so after the vulnerable health issues, I think they should be done quicker than the rest.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-02-2021, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have to disagree there Swimmy. Teachers, Police, Retail etc are all in regular contact with the public, so after the vulnerable health issues, I think they should be done quicker than the rest.
Hi

You misunderstand.

It would take longer to identify them and take take up scarce resources than it does to vaccinate by age, which is the most relevant factor.

Who is going to write the Algorithm?

An older shopworker against a younger police officer?

We simply do not have the resources to do that.

We have loads of vaccine, a fantastic working system of getting the most people vaccinated in the shortage possible time.

I had to wait 28 days for mine after I was Covid Positive, or else I would have been done much sooner.

Locally we are opening it up to the younger ones already.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:59 PM

I agree Swimmy of course it would be ideal if the Police etc could be vaccinated ahead of some other members of the population but people arguing about this really should stop and consider the logistics.

GPs /the NHS have a record of everyone by age not by occupation , this has enabled rapid contact of each age groups. If we pause to try to vaccinate by occupation it will take much longer and more people will die because of the slow down plus more chance for the virus to mutate . Time is of the essence here.
NHS staff were an exception, they needed to be vaccinated to protect patients from cross infection.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apologies Surfermom.

I did not make myself clear, entirely my fault.

Here in the UK we have a special category for those most at Medical Risk, they are getting vaccinated now, irrespective of age.

I was talking about special interest groups, teachers, police etc where there is no evidence that they are more at risk.

We have loads of vaccine here, it is free and we are doing groups by strict epidemiological need.
Good grief, my apologies for the misread as I am ever doing things in 5th gear - including reading .

I don't have a problem with prioritizing workers who have a necessary need to be in contact with the public, but suppose that the best thing is just to impose large enough inclusion blocks that there isn't a lot of bickering.

Pleased to hear that you all have enough doses and that the rollouts are fairly quick.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I don't know, Swim...

Not sure us older folks who have lived full, long lives should be prioritized over younger ones who are high risk through no fault of their own.
Hmmm, I’m no conspiracy theorist but could it be the elderly can be seen as the weakest / most vulnerable group therefore best to test on ? Of those who have died after being vaccinated would they maybe have not had much longer to live anyway ?
Just a passing thought don’t jump on me .
I do think police ought to be vaccinated I’d put them in the class of vulnerables .They have to face all kinds of potentially infectious people daily, being spat at ,having to tussle with those who want to protest .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-02-2021, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Hmmm, I’m no conspiracy theorist but could it be the elderly can be seen as the weakest / most vulnerable group therefore best to test on ? Of those who have died after being vaccinated would they maybe have not had much longer to live anyway ?
Just a passing thought don’t jump on me .
I do think police ought to be vaccinated I’d put them in the class of vulnerables .They have to face all kinds of potentially infectious people daily, being spat at ,having to tussle with those who want to protest .
Hi

I would not jump on you Zuleika.

As has been said, the NHS knows our ages, not our occupations.

Epidemiology is a numbers game.

The more we get vaccinated , the sooner they get vaccinated, the better for all of us.

We are working flat out as it is, taking people offline to sort out minority groups would simply delay things.

Taxi Drivers, delivery drivers and shop checkout staff are statistically more at risk than Police Officers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top