Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 03:29 PM

Re: RIP Mr Potato Head

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Fun and terrifying all at the same time.

While we're at it, I want physicians to stop using the title, "Doctor." It makes damages my self esteem because of my limited education and intellectual abilities.
Agreed. Another thing is calling consultants "Mr" because they are higher status than doctors. It just sounds silly. They have names don't they? Just call them by whatever their name is.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
While we're at it, I want physicians to stop using the title, "Doctor." It makes damages my self esteem because of my limited education and intellectual abilities.
And why have the title 'Doctor' anyway? You don't address a teacher as 'Teacher Smith', or a dentist as 'Dentist Jones'
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
And why have the title 'Doctor' anyway? You don't address a teacher as 'Teacher Smith', or a dentist as 'Dentist Jones'
What do you call a dentist anyway? I've to see mine in a couple of weeks, and it just occurred to me that I have never actually addressed him by name.....!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What do you call a dentist anyway? I've to see mine in a couple of weeks, and it just occurred to me that I have never actually addressed him by name.....!
I really didn't know the answer to that one! But I found this online:

The General Dental Council (GDC), the regulators of dentists and dental best practice in the UK do not themselves oppose the use of the title doctor, by dentists, in fact they state; “the GDC does not prohibit the use of the title ‘Doctor' as a courtesy title in the case of dentists.”
Yet they do note that; “Dentists who choose to use the title must ensure that it is not used in a way which could mislead the public, for example by giving the impression that the dentist is a registered medical practitioner if they are not.” And it is this final point which is being upheld by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) when complaints are raised in connection with adverts for dentists and their services which refer to the practitioner using the doctor title.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-02-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I really didn't know the answer to that one! But I found this online:

The General Dental Council (GDC), the regulators of dentists and dental best practice in the UK do not themselves oppose the use of the title doctor, by dentists, in fact they state; “the GDC does not prohibit the use of the title ‘Doctor' as a courtesy title in the case of dentists.”
Yet they do note that; “Dentists who choose to use the title must ensure that it is not used in a way which could mislead the public, for example by giving the impression that the dentist is a registered medical practitioner if they are not.” And it is this final point which is being upheld by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) when complaints are raised in connection with adverts for dentists and their services which refer to the practitioner using the doctor title.
Ohh, thanks for that, its interesting. Not Doctor then....hmmm.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 08:29 PM

Ohh, thanks for that, its interesting. Not Doctor then....hmmm.
How about "Donto"?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 08:33 PM

My dentist is called Mike & that's what the nurses/reception people refer to him as. I've never called him anything though. Been seeing him for a few years now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:25 PM

I call my dentist Chris, he replaced my previous dentist who was called Stephan.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:44 PM

I just call my dentist, "Rich Guy."

When not calling him that, I call him "Doctor."
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:27 AM

Don't you worry your pretty little heads about that.

Mr Potatohead is alive and well and the Minister for Home Affairs in the current government. An ex Queensland policeman he was also Minister for Immigration in the Abbott government where he was able to fullfil a life long ambition of being cruel to people.

We only ended up with Scotty from Marketing as PM because of the terrifying prospect of Mr Potatohead ending up in that job.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top