Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:05 PM

Re: Does The ‘Council House Mentality’ Still Exist?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In two words - decent society.

Whose to say, who fits the decent society......You?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The predominant values across the population, the common moral compass.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:18 PM

Your Choice also.and my choice also.

More productive?..to whom.....you?.....does that apply to you also...or just them?
We're talking about to society. Societies create laws designed to protect members of it from those who wish to take a more "isolationist" approach regardless of how their behaviour or actions might have a negative impact.

We all aim at self survival by using ways that don't hurt nor endanger others.

Those that choose not to have also chosen what classification they wish to be a member of. If they don't like it, then it's incumbent on them to do something about it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;2046164]The predominant values across the population, the common moral compass.[/QUOTE..

Predominant values across the population....you know them do you?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=pauline3;2046169]
The predominant values across the population, the common moral compass.[/QUOTE..

Predominant values across the population....you know them do you?
Actually yes. It doesn't mean I abide by them in all cases but it doesn't mean I'm not aware of them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-02-2021, 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=The Artful Todger;2046172]

Actually yes. It doesn't mean I abide by them in all cases but it doesn't mean I'm not aware of them.

Exactly.....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:27 PM

Yep. Am sure that you don't pay them scant regard and then complain too much when you're caught out not abiding by them
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-02-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Yep. Am sure that you don't pay them scant regard and then complain too much when you're caught out not abiding by them
Well yes, the trick is to take steps to avoid being found out!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-02-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We're talking about to society. Societies create laws designed to protect members of it from those who wish to take a more "isolationist" approach regardless of how their behaviour or actions might have a negative impact.

We all aim at self survival by using ways that don't hurt nor endanger others.

Those that choose not to have also chosen what classification they wish to be a member of. If they don't like it, then it's incumbent on them to do something about it.

Behaviours......so it’s just all about behaviours is it?

Not at all on how they choose to live their life....as in not much of an education?..living on benefits,etc.

Does that define them as scum or low life....or is it just their behaviour ,that defines what they are?

Would you class ,verbal abuse as coming from scum or a low life...just trying to understand.

It seems to me....that some of the more intelligent people....can get away with stuff...because they know how to work the system....I have also witnessed some of their ,extremely unpleasant behaviour and superiority...,in the work place....so because they don’t steal, leave litter strewn everywhere, etc...that makes them superior does it.....even though behaviour is appalling?

I really don’t get that....society’s..imo....create boxes...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:47 PM

Pauline I wouldn't bother to argue on this because there are good & bad people living in council houses, but there are also good and bad people living in private houses too.
Nobody can judge people by where they live because every house has people with different characters.
I have known some of the nicest people, who live in council houses, so perhaps we should feel sorry that they cannot escape the rough neighbours who live close to them.
I suspect there is a bit of snob value, for many who own their own house, but that doesn't mean that their own neighbours are nice. I once lived on a very nice private estate till I discovered that one of the neighbour's sons would allow his dogs to chase & kill pet cats that belonged to other residents.
Nobody should judge people by where they live, but decent council house tenants find it more difficult to escape awful neighbours, so get tarred with the same brush! How sad

In the end I moved to a house where there were no close neighbours, but I had to sacrifice the friendly chats over the garden fence.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top