Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 08:11 PM

Re: Wearing A Wig.

I don't like wearing hats so I'm sure I wouldn't like wearing a wig!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 08:33 PM

I don’t like wearing hats either....Mags...plus I don’t suit them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would never wear a wig, I tried one on in the 60s and didn't like it.

Also I have more unruly hair than I know what too do with now it is so thick.
How lucky are you ,to have thick hair....mine if fine but, I have a lot of it....you can do so much more, with thick hair.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-02-2021, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
i don't wear one, and wouldnt wear one when my last hair goes
I quite like to see bald men...some it suits very much.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
i don't wear one, and wouldnt wear one when my last hair goes
Can you get a one haired wig?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 09:43 PM

I would imagine that a wig can get very hot and itchy in nice weather.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 09:47 PM

Just to clarify, we are talking wigs for heads are we and not Merkins? (Oh how we laughed at George W over that).

My hair started falling out when I was seventeen.
It bothered me at first that perhaps women wouldn't find me attractive.
I was twenty one when I met a certain young miss, and my hair was well on its way out, literally, when we started dating six years later.
I now look like I'm wearing a pink crash helmet with a rug sticking out from under it, but it has never bothered her from the moment we met, (although the sideburns did so they had to go). As a result, not having hair has never bothered me either.

The answer therefore is no, I wouldn't wear a wig. I do miss protection from the sun and artex ceilings though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-02-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Just to clarify, we are talking wigs for heads are we and not Merkins? (Oh how we laughed at George W over that).

My hair started falling out when I was seventeen.
It bothered me at first that perhaps women wouldn't find me attractive.
I was twenty one when I met a certain young miss, and my hair was well on its way out, literally, when we started dating six years later.
I now look like I'm wearing a pink crash helmet with a rug sticking out from under it, but it has never bothered her from the moment we met, (although the sideburns did so they had to go). As a result, not having hair has never bothered me either.

The answer therefore is no, I wouldn't wear a wig. I do miss protection from the sun and artex ceilings though.
No Merkins involved?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 09:56 PM

My brother and sister-in-law visited my parents many years ago upon an occasion where my Dad decided to play a trick on my brother's wife.

He was as bald as someone who is very bald, but donned a blond ladies shoulder length wig he had procured from somewhere, an open necked shirt showing his hirsute chest, a gold effect plastic chain with huge links - worn as a necklace, threaded through a 100 mm diameter polished brass Chinese coin to make the biggest medallion you have ever seen.

Wearing a pair of reflective sunglasses, he slipped out the back door, went round to the front and rang the bell. Mum answered it then called out to my SiL, there's someone at the door for you.
When she got there she was met by this ultra-trendy medallion man who asked, "Hey kiddo, you coming down the disco tonight?"
It was a good ten seconds before she realised who it was.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 02:16 AM

I've worn wigs in the past for fancy dress parties or to the 70s themed nightclub a gang of us used to go to. Kind of makes an outfit to have the right hairstyle and a wig is the easiest way to do it.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top