Join for free
Page 85 of 98 « First < 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 12:57 PM

Re: Premium Bonds

Originally Posted by galty ->
Last time I looked interest rate was 1.3%
Yes, but I'm wondering if the Gov will do a, Gordon Brown, on the pot.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 04:55 PM

The way I see it is the difference between Premium Bonds and a lottery is you can always get your money back in full (OK, inflation affected of course) at any time in the future. With a lottery you can't.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:20 PM

Premium bonds. Huh. The NS&I tell us that in the spring they will no longer be sending winnings through the post, and should create an account online.
Well by post I was sent forms to fill out which I did. I was told that I would receive 2 letters, but not both at the same time as one would contain contain a password.
Got the password one, but not the one with details of what to do next. This password would run out in 60 days.
It is nearly that now. So I phoned them up.
After speaking to 4 different people, I had to give up and ended the call.
Why? We due respect to any Irish on here, all the people that I spoke to were Irish with very strong accents. First I had to change the password that I did after a few tries.
Passed to number 2. Very fast Irish speaker, strong accent.
Miss number 3. No good. 4. It would seen the 3 security questions that I answered were not spelt correctly. That is when I gave up after 45 minutes on the phone with nothing achieved.
Maybe I will try another day, and hopefully get English BBC quality speakers.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Premium bonds. Huh. The NS&I tell us that in the spring they will no longer be sending winnings through the post, and should create an account online.
Well by post I was sent forms to fill out which I did. I was told that I would receive 2 letters, but not both at the same time as one would contain contain a password.
Got the password one, but not the one with details of what to do next. This password would run out in 60 days.
It is nearly that now. So I phoned them up.
After speaking to 4 different people, I had to give up and ended the call.
Why? We due respect to any Irish on here, all the people that I spoke to were Irish with very strong accents. First I had to change the password that I did after a few tries.
Passed to number 2. Very fast Irish speaker, strong accent.
Miss number 3. No good. 4. It would seen the 3 security questions that I answered were not spelt correctly. That is when I gave up after 45 minutes on the phone with nothing achieved.
Maybe I will try another day, and hopefully get English BBC quality speakers.
Its easier to do it on line

Just register and put in your bank details.

https://www.nsandi.com/
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 09:05 PM

I have tried in the past to do it online. Almost as painful by a phone call. It was always asking for a registration number that I did not have.
Well pleased to say, after a lot of messing about, and finally getting a registration number, I have been successful in getting it done on line this evening.
Now waiting for the winnings to be added to my bank account.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I have tried in the past to do it online. Almost as painful by a phone call. It was always asking for a registration number that I did not have.
Well pleased to say, after a lot of messing about, and finally getting a registration number, I have been successful in getting it done on line this evening.
Now waiting for the winnings to be added to my bank account.
Lucky you. (I hope)!

I joined up, a week or two ago, and have not yet been able to log on to their site.

The site wa crashing, for a couple of days (worrying), then my attempts to log in kept failing.

These failures were always at the bit where it said we will call one of your listed phone numbers whereby you should key in "the following code".

The telephone never rings! (landline or mobile)

Despite 15 visits to the various help desks, this has not been sorted.

The last time, the helper said "Oh!, there is a problem with calling vis some telephone companies"

So what are they going to do?

Who knows!

Edited to say that I should have checked out the reviews on trustpilot!

The whole system seems to be a disaster -

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/nsa...zA1Yzg1ZmEwNjc
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Lucky you. (I hope)!

I joined up, a week or two ago, and have not yet been able to log on to their site.

The site wa crashing, for a couple of days (worrying), then my attempts to log in kept failing.

These failures were always at the bit where it said we will call one of your listed phone numbers whereby you should key in "the following code".

The telephone never rings! (landline or mobile)

Despite 15 visits to the various help desks, this has not been sorted.

The last time, the helper said "Oh!, there is a problem with calling vis some telephone companies"

So what are they going to do?

Who knows!

I've never had a problem with them Ted, they just bung at least twenty five squid in my account every month and it's happy days.... (actually I put the winnings to more premium bonds, and last year I won a thousand on one draw...)
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've never had a problem with them Ted, they just bung at least twenty five squid in my account every month and it's happy days.... (actually I put the winnings to more premium bonds, and last year I won a thousand on one draw...)
Ditto, except I've never won more than a couple of hundred at a time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ditto, except I've never won more than a couple of hundred at a time.
Perhaps this is your year Percy.... Good Luck.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

02-03-2021, 11:50 AM

I think that all of you winners are well up north of here!

Could be part of the Government levelling policy.

How's that for a conspiracy theory!

Page 85 of 98 « First < 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top