Join for free
Page 78 of 164 « First < 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:22 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Because unvaccination people can get the virus but be asymptomatic, so spread the virus unknowingly.
So can vaccinated people Lindy...And you would be more of a danger to me than I am to you....
Doing what I'm doing has managed to keep me covid free for twelve months'ish....And despite not having the flu jab each year I managed to keep clear of flu since 1995....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
"If I was travelling there I would have the vaccine too...."

So you'd go to a country with a known virus which requires a vaccination for you to be safe?
So planet earth now has a known virus which requires a vaccination. What's the difference?
Because in most foreign countries that require a vaccine are where illnesses are carried by insects or drinking water or food. Because Covid can only be caught indoors, airborn, from a person, it will be very unlikely that I will ever catch covid, and even less risk of me passing it on to anybody else.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-02-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There was talk about making it compulsory, but probably no need as so many people wanted to have the vaccination!
That sounds like something the third reich might consider Twink. It's a good job we live in a free country where human rights are paramount.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-02-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Anyway based on it being only a tiny % who have had it how many deaths would be projected if everyone just let it rip?
It's a good job that most of us are observing all of the safety measures and lockdown isn't it Annie, or else deaths would be a lot more serious. It makes you wonder why we haven't locked down in previous serious outbreaks of flu. Our local hospital is usually full to bursting at this time of year with many deaths. It seems like the holier than thou brigade have taken the high moral ground once again, and in an attempt to take out their aggression and find someone to blame seem to have leveled their hatred upon the people who don't want the vaccine. It's called peer pressure using vigilante tactics....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's a good job that most of us are observing all of the safety measures and lockdown isn't it Annie, or else deaths would be a lot more serious. It makes you wonder why we haven't locked down in previous serious outbreaks of flu. Our local hospital is usually full to bursting at this time of year with many deaths. It seems like the holier than thou brigade have taken the high moral ground once again, and in an attempt to take out their aggression and find someone to blame seem to have leveled their hatred upon the people who don't want the vaccine. It's called peer pressure using vigilante tactics....
We haven't had a proper pandemic for 100 years. When the Spanish flu was doing it's worst there were lockdowns, people were told to wear masks, people protested against lockdowns, people were sceptical. I think the estimates with the Spanish flu was about 50m dead. But they didn't have a vaccine then.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:58 AM

You didn't read question (5) did you Twink....

5. DID YOU KNOW 99.8% OF PEOPLE SURVIVE COVID19?
The case-fatality ratio of Sars-Cov-2 infection has been a bone of contention for months, but it is certainly much lower than all the initial models predicted.

It was originally massively inflated, with the WHO using a figure of 3.4%.
Do you just make these figures up?

According to John Hopkins University these are the current mortality stats:

Are you better informed than this university? perhaps you could publish your data.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	14845  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:37 AM

Hi

I had my vaccine Friday and yesterday I started to react to it.

It was not unexpected as I have had Covid and reactions are more common in those who have had it.

Distinctly uncomfortable but manageable and quite positive really, it shows the vaccine is working.

Another couple of days and the reaction should be over.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/vacci...20three%20days.

It is much milder than actual Covid.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:49 AM

Hi

We have not had cases of flu this winter and the experts put this down to the lockdown which has reduced transmission rates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-restrictions

Hospitals appear empty, they are not.

No outpatients, even cardiac rehab is done online.

No visitors due to Covid.

Staff have moved to deal with Covid, it needs more staff on Covid Wards and the recovery wards.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 09:01 AM

That sounds like something the third reich might consider Twink. It's a good job we live in a free country where human rights are paramount.
Foxy I want to ask you a question!
If one of your neighbours unknowingly became infected with the virus and shouted "good morning" to you from his garden, who would you blame if droplets from his shout hit your nose or mouth & a couple of weeks later you ended you ended up in hospital with life threatening Covid?
Would it be the neighbour's fault for not wearing his mask when feeding the birds in his garden, or yourself for not getting protection from the a vaccination?
I am only asking because there is strong belief that most masks do not protect the wearer, they just stop the wearer from passing this virus to others.

I had my jab just over 3 weeks ago &, although I don't feel any different, my knowledge of how vaccines work makes me feel safer, yet I never felt safe wearing a mask, keeping 2 metres apart & not letting people come into my house! The only feeling I got from doing those things was the belief that , if i did have Covid, I would be less likely to pass it to others & put their lives at risk.

You are a popular member on OFF, so maybe we are just trying to prevent you catching the virus, by persuading you to consider the vaccine!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-02-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Do you just make these figures up?

According to John Hopkins University these are the current mortality stats:

Are you better informed than this university? perhaps you could publish your data.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
You didn't read my post properly did you Brucey.....
They are not my figures at all.... see above....

Page 78 of 164 « First < 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top