Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:07 AM

Re: Cosseted

Yes you're right Keezoy, the ordinary guys at the front had a hard decision to try to kill people just like themselves but on the other side. Rommel had respect.
My dad was in the RN and his ship was being repaired so the crew got a few days leave. He was blown down the hall by the front door, which came off and pushed him round two corners and up against the back door, fortunately with just a few bruises. He jovially said "I'm going back to my ship! It's too bloody dangerous here!"
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:18 AM

I wasn't cosseted either but I survived and I do have some happy memories of childhood... have to admit some not so happy too..... point is though we all survived that's something to be thankful for
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 03:42 PM

I asked my wife if she thought I was cosseted. She didn't actually reply, but did close her eyes, shook her head and walked out to fetch me a cuppa.

Guess that's a "no" then
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I asked my wife if she thought I was cosseted. She didn't actually reply, but did close her eyes, shook her head and walked out to fetch me a cuppa.

Guess that's a "no" then
If she made you a cuppa, that's cosseting. I'd have told you to make me one.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wasn't cosseted either but I survived and I do have some happy memories of childhood... have to admit some not so happy too..... point is though we all survived that's something to be thankful for
I wasn't cosseted at all, being the middle child I was expected to figure it out on my own. My older brother got a motorcycle at age 14, my younger sister got use of the car at 16, and I got....
A boyfriend who had both of those things!!
I think I came out on the top end of growing up and using my head.

Nice to see you, Summer

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top