Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:27 AM

Getting in touch with your inner moron.

Do you like to just be really silly sometimes? I don't mean irresponsibly silly or silly in a negligent way. I mean silly in a Monty Python kind of way. For instance like getting on a bus with a friend and having the most ridiculous conversation that is within earshot of the other passengers about something like?....how much better your rain gauge is than theirs or how you like to eat ridiculous foods..like ice cream with worcestershire sauce..or hamburgers with fig jam etc. If somebody actually remarks, look puzzled Do you?..If not, try it. It's good for you. And the beauty of it is that the older you are the more reaction you get. And you're not offending anybody unless they choose to be Somebody my age said to me with a sour face not ago when I asked them about this.."What a silly thing to do. You should grow up. For God's sake act your age"..Comments please.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:36 AM

Re: Getting in touch with your inner moron.

Keezoy we are in lockdown those people who still use buses aren’t allowed to be near a friend .
It is in fact against the law at this moment to associate with anyone outside your own bubble.as you will be wearing a mask and sat two seats down it will be a load of muffled noise .
Rather like a pig rooting for truffles .
When ( if ) lockdown ever ends perhaps.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Keezoy we are in lockdown those people who still use buses aren’t allowed to be near a friend .
It is in fact against the law at this moment to associate with anyone outside your own bubble.as you will be wearing a mask and sat two seats down it will be a load of muffled noise .
Rather like a pig rooting for truffles .
When ( if ) lockdown ever ends perhaps.
Yes I feel for you. You lot over there are having a bloody dreadful time. You probably know how things are here with your son in Qsld and all. Masks are still required in some places here. Victoria mostly I think.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:14 AM

Thank God! I thought I was the only idiot with a ridiculous sense of humour.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Thank God! I thought I was the only idiot with a ridiculous sense of humour.

macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:33 AM

Getting in touch with your inner moron

my moron doesn't do inner any more, i have to e mail it
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 02:04 PM

For some reason ,keezoy....I get moments of being extremely silly.

I think it’s a coping mechanism.....when life gets tough.....I seem to go into “ daft mode “.

It just takes me over, hard to explain ,being perfectly honest.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:15 PM

As you can tell by my username, I am normally as sensible as a Fruitcake, and it is very rare for me to be plain silly ...

Well, apart from things like asking for a bag for my latest purchase in a hardware shop having just bought a 3m length of copper pipe.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:21 PM

Keezoy, I like you!! It's a treat to be silly at times, to lighten the mood, to entertain others around you who are too somber. I am not afraid to make fun of myself, in fact, I have an abundance of personality quirks to choose from.
We need nutty folks like you around to make our cheeks turn up in a smile.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:19 PM

Keezoy, l am very childish and l have never grown up.

I used to....say in a supermarket and l’d see someone l knew well and whilst they were looking in a freezer. I would sneak a huge gateaux or a turkey into their trolly when they weren’t looking.

Also, l would say loudly, to my ex partner in a supermarket. ‘Do you need suppositories this week?’
He would, call back, ‘Are you ok for Nit lotion?’ Or some embarrassing cream!

It’s good to laugh and not always be a grown up!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top