Join for free
Page 79 of 164 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 11:47 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Anyway.....You should all be thanking me.....
Because I'm part of a nationwide study to see if:-

(a) How efficient the vaccine is to prevent the spread of covid..

(b) Which is the best vaccine to have...

(c) How long it takes people who don't have the vaccine to catch covid.

We are divided into Four groups:-

(1) The ones vaccinated with the BioNTech Pfizer Vaccine....

(2) The ones vaccinated with the Oxford, AstraZeneca Vaccine...

(3) The ones vaccinated Moderna Vaccine...

(4) The ones who are in the placebo group who are not vaccinated at all...

I'm in the placebo group and so far so good, I haven't caught it yet...
They haven't phoned me yet, but I'm sure they will....
But basically, we are all taking part in the experiment.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Foxy I want to ask you a question!
If one of your neighbours unknowingly became infected with the virus and shouted "good morning" to you from his garden, who would you blame if droplets from his shout hit your nose or mouth & a couple of weeks later you ended you ended up in hospital with life threatening Covid?
Would it be the neighbour's fault for not wearing his mask when feeding the birds in his garden, or yourself for not getting protection from the a vaccination?
I am only asking because there is strong belief that most masks do not protect the wearer, they just stop the wearer from passing this virus to others.

I had my jab just over 3 weeks ago &, although I don't feel any different, my knowledge of how vaccines work makes me feel safer, yet I never felt safe wearing a mask, keeping 2 metres apart & not letting people come into my house! The only feeling I got from doing those things was the belief that , if i did have Covid, I would be less likely to pass it to others & put their lives at risk.

You are a popular member on OFF, so maybe we are just trying to prevent you catching the virus, by persuading you to consider the vaccine!
Here's a question for you Twink:-
If I have the vaccine on your recommendation and I die, how bad would that make you feel? To think that I had done something that I was dead against, but you managed to talk me into having the jab. How do you think my Daughter would feel about you, knowing she had lost her Dad? How do you think Mrs Fox would feel about you, having lost her husband of almost fifty years? I think the responsibility of having the vaccine or not, rests squarely upon my shoulders, and then there is only one person to blame....

The same would apply if I was to recommend not having the vaccine to anybody....So I don't!

PS:- Still love you though Twink....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:16 PM

Hi

It a pleasure to see people with different views discussing things without resorting to personal insults.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If I have the vaccine on your recommendation and I die, how bad would that make you feel? To think that I had done something that I was dead against, but you managed to talk me into having the jab. How do you think my Daughter would feel about you, knowing she had lost her Dad? How do you think Mrs Fox would feel about you, having lost her husband of almost fifty years? I think the responsibility of having the vaccine or not, rests squarely upon my shoulders, and then there is only one person to blame....

The same would apply if I was to recommend not having the vaccine to anybody....So I don't!

Foxy, l respect your principles. I am totally against having the flu injection, l never had it. Besides, miraculously it’s disappeared this year!
I would never have had the the Covid vaccination, only that my youngest daughter got the Covid virus (mildly).
I also felt, my life would be restricted in the future where having had the vaccination is required.

It is totally your decision and l don’t think anyone should be criticising you or telling you that you should have the vaccination.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:24 PM

Well said that man!
No one ought to be giving “advice “out !
It’s both uneccesary and patronising imo.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:25 PM

I'm not taking any sides here OGF, and it is entirely up to you whether or not you decide to have the vaccine. Either way, the chances of you (or me) catching the virus is remote anyway especially if we behave sensibly, which is what I have said and done all along.

However, what's this about having the vaccine and then dying? Are there any examples of people who have died due to having the vaccine? That would be worrying!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:25 PM

Hi

I disagree with OGF on this one, however it is personal choice and he is following the rules.

The ones I criticise are the ones who are not following the rules about social distancing and wearing a mask.

Piers Corbyn is one such.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/piers-corb...150000594.html
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:55 PM

Foxy I know that you would never try to make others not have the vaccine, because you would let us all make our own decisions.

I enjoy placing bets though & I have to be honest. I think there is a considerably higher chance of you not dying from Covid if you have the jab, than if you wear your mask & self isolate......so get yourself ready and I will take you to the bookmakers to see what odds they will give me!

On a serious note though, I did shed a few tears for another member we lost. We never met but I still think about him now, so maybe I am trying to make sure that we don't lose another one!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-02-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Foxy I know that you would never try to make others not have the vaccine, because you would let us all make our own decisions.

I enjoy placing bets though & I have to be honest. I think there is a considerably higher chance of you not dying from Covid if you have the jab, than if you wear your mask & self isolate......so get yourself ready and I will take you to the bookmakers to see what odds they will give me!

On a serious note though, I did shed a few tears for another member we lost. We never met but I still think about him now, so maybe I am trying to make sure that we don't lose another one!
Hi

I am with you on this one Twink.

My experience was not with a member of this forum, but personal in Hospital on a Covid Ward and in the same bay as me.

He was in recovery like me, his wife was in as well and he was looking forward to seeing her.

The staff had arranged to take him in his bed to see her in the afternoon when things are quieter.

He had a relapse and died.

It was only 20 minutes from us talking to the curtains being closed and him being taken out and an empty space.

These things hit home.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Well said that man!
No one ought to be giving “advice “out !
It’s both uneccesary and patronising imo.
It wasn't advice, it was a question I think Foxy and I have known each other long enough to be able to have a discussion & still remain on good terms.

Page 79 of 164 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top