Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:46 PM

Has Your Local Store Got ‘Traffic Lights’ Over The Front Door?

I went to get some milk at my local, small Tesco and l couldn’t believe it had ‘traffic lights’ over the entrance door.

You queued whilst they were on ‘red’ and entered the store when they changed to ‘green’! There was no ‘amber’ though!

I suppose it’s a good idea but is this the future?

Have you noticed ‘traffic lights’ at the front of any shops?
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Re: Has Your Local Store Got ‘Traffic Lights’ Over The Front Door?

Yes Art, the traffic light system is common at the entry to many stores in this area in order to regulate the numbers in the shops at any one time.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:52 PM

The most local to me is a Lidl and no traffic-lights there, though thay have at times had a bod on the door restricting access.
The last two times I've been it's pretty much been a free-for-all, but in fairness since here at least most people don't seem to know the difference between two metres and two inches it makes not a great deal of difference whether or not entry is restricted.

The last time i visited our other local, a sizeable Co-Op, a traffic light system was in place but the problems as above still apply, but since the till and exit systems are pretty useless and encourage far closer contact than is necessary I just do not go there.

Personally I would rather see a traffic light system than nothing but the effectiveness of any system is ruled by the people using the system.
There's no point allowing only two people into a shop if one of them is determined to be by your shoulder all the time.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:52 PM

Noticed a couple of fuel stations have this art, to limit the number of people entering, noticed the first one when we picked our new car up last may, had to fill with petrol and the garage round the corner had this system, I think once the pandemic is subdued, we’ll go back to some normality,
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:57 PM

Hi

People are just stupid.

I had to go and get some batteries this morning, I drove past Wickes, they had a security on the door counting in and out, but those in the queue were bunched up, smoking and chatting.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Yes Art, the traffic light system is common at the entry to many stores in this area in order to regulate the numbers in the shops at any one time.
LT, Really? I have never seen it anywhere before. It’s always been a human manning the front entrance of every store in this area.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
The most local to me is a Lidl and no traffic-lights there, though thay have at times had a bod on the door restricting access.
The last two times I've been it's pretty much been a free-for-all, but in fairness since here at least most people don't seem to know the difference between two metres and two inches it makes not a great deal of difference whether or not entry is restricted.

The last time i visited our other local, a sizeable Co-Op, a traffic light system was in place but the problems as above still apply, but since the till and exit systems are pretty useless and encourage far closer contact than is necessary I just do not go there.

Personally I would rather see a traffic light system than nothing but the effectiveness of any system is ruled by the people using the system.
There's no point allowing only two people into a shop if one of them is determined to be by your shoulder all the time.
Zaphod, As l replied to Last Tango, l had never seen this before. I thought, l was living in a ‘progressive’ area but it seems we are ‘so last year’, around here! Ha!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Noticed a couple of fuel stations have this art, to limit the number of people entering, noticed the first one when we picked our new car up last may, had to fill with petrol and the garage round the corner had this system, I think once the pandemic is subdued, we’ll go back to some normality,
Again, Primus. I went for fuel last week and nothing like that here.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:04 PM

There's been traffic light system out side my local Tesco for a quite a while.I shop once a week-early in the morning and I've not had to wait to enter.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

People are just stupid.

I had to go and get some batteries this morning, I drove past Wickes, they had a security on the door counting in and out, but those in the queue were bunched up, smoking and chatting.
Swimmy, I went to a larger Tesco yesterday. The car park was absolutely full. There was a human at the door!
There was a notice, ‘Only one person per trolley’. There were couples everywhere and the store was really busy.
I said to myself, ‘What Lockdown’?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top