Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 02:03 AM

Re: Simple is Better

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I don't know, Swim...

My young daughter is high risk - immunosuppressed because she is still fighting her brain disease and still ineligible for the shot because she is young.

Not sure us older folks who have lived full, long lives should be prioritized over younger ones who are high risk through no fault of their own.
Mom over here the at risk cohort is being done after the over 65s so about now, this includes anyone over 16s up to 65. it's just that some feel that they should be in that group.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I would not jump on you Zuleika.

As has been said, the NHS knows our ages, not our occupations.

Epidemiology is a numbers game.

The more we get vaccinated , the sooner they get vaccinated, the better for all of us.

We are working flat out as it is, taking people offline to sort out minority groups would simply delay things.

Taxi Drivers, delivery drivers and shop checkout staff are statistically more at risk than Police Officers.
The local authorities should be able to provide the data. It's not that complicated. The different bodies do work together.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The local authorities should be able to provide the data. It's not that complicated. The different bodies do work together.
The local authorities?
As in councils?
I wouldn't think that lot could do anything either quickly enough nor accurately enough judging from past experience.
Where would the staff needed to get this data come from too since presumably they already have existing allocated workloads?
No, leave well alone since it's working is my opinion FWIW.

What others have already said is pretty accurate & please note the bolded addition is mine not Meg's:
Originally Posted by Meg ->
... GPs /the NHS have a record of everyone by age not by occupation , this has enabled rapid contact of each age groups. If we pause to try to vaccinate by occupation [or by any other measure] it will take much longer and more people will die because of the slow down plus more chance for the virus to mutate . Time is of the essence here.
NHS staff were an exception, they needed to be vaccinated to protect patients from cross infection.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:52 PM

Hi

We have the Observatory, which is a Government Database with many levels of access.

It does not link individually to the NHS Databases.

This is one of the protections we have in the UK for our privacy.

There is a price to pay, but it is a price worth paying.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-02-2021, 02:25 PM

How do you think Integrated care systems will work if the NHS cannot share data with local authorities? There's a big difference in gathering data for health intelligence purposes vs sharing data for treatment of patients.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publica...SAAEgJfbfD_BwE
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 02:39 PM

How do you think Integrated care systems will work if the NHS cannot share data with local authorities? There's a big difference in gathering data for health intelligence purposes vs sharing data for treatment of patients.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publica...SAAEgJfbfD_BwE
Hi

It won't, simple as .

The NHS is the most incompetent Agency in the UK when it comes to Computer Systems Management and Security.

It will get bulk data, but not individual, the risk is simply too high.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-02-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It won't, simple as .

The NHS is the most incompetent Agency in the UK when it comes to Computer Systems Management and Security.

It will get bulk data, but not individual, the risk is simply too high.
So how will integrated care systems work?

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-su...e-systems-icss
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-02-2021, 03:25 PM

Hi

They won't.

NHS Systems are dangerous.
#
Track and Trace?

That is a joke.

I am on the App and have had notifications that I have been in Contact in York.

Similar email, but wrong.

I have been in hospital a number of occasions recently, all details given.

Most of my discharge letters went to my Current GP, one recent one went to my old GP, 15 years ago, who is in a different practice and who retired years ago.

The NHS Computer Systems are a national disgrace.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 03:29 PM

So how will integrated care systems work?
Sadly Swimmy is right.
Unless both develop new software systems which must also be compatible cross-platform it's going to be another long and costly exercise in futility.

Already there are 14 different systems and there are going to be more?
A surefire recipe for disater.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-02-2021, 03:39 PM

Track and trace? Doesn't that require data sharing? So there is data sharing of individual personal data between the NHS and local authorities already?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top