Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Re: Wearing A Wig.

Yes, I have had human hair extensions put in and I have used human hair toppers for volume. It’s an absolute dream. No greys yet to cover but I’m certain those extensions and toppers will cover the grey. You simply clip in and you look like you’ve just stepped out of the salon. So, for a busy working woman like myself, it’s a dream!
It’s incredible what’s in the market nowadays.
It’s always great to give your looks a lift especially when you have fine hair.
Thing is, I have almost no hair on my legs and arms either - so I guess there are benefits to fine hair as well as negatives...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 02:14 PM

Their was a celebrity who constantly coloured her hair, plus extensions...she lost most of her natural hair....I can’t remember her name.
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 02:33 PM

I still have full hair but even if I didn't, I'd still not wear a wig nor would I have done when I was young. It would have hindered me when doing sports, going swimming, or in the sauna and in most cases wigs don't make a man look better because people just see that it's a wig.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 03:39 PM

My hairline started receding when I was in my 20's and my dad's got more hair on his head than me & he's 90-odds.
Even so, no.
I wouldn't have a wig and nor would I try implants.
Has nobody heard of this thing called a hat?
Get the right one and it'll keep your ears warm too, as a bonus.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
My hairline started receding when I was in my 20's and my dad's got more hair on his head than me & he's 90-odds.
Even so, no.
Zaphod....you can have your head tattooed...to make it look, like you have hair......I have watched it being done.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Even so, no.
Do you time share one hat between your two heads Mr B, or have you lashed out and bought two? If the latter, are they a matching pair, and did you get a discount for buying in bulk.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Zaphod....you can have your head tattooed...to make it look, like you have hair......I have watched it being done.
That's another big "no" from me; tatoos.

I'm happy with the way I look and after all, it is as nature intended.
Clothing is (or at least is capable of being) enough of a statement IMHO.
Much though I try to understand the trend for people to somehow alter their appearance one way or another, it's just not for me.
But each to their own, otherwise the world would be a very boring place.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-02-2021, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Do you time share one hat between your two heads Mr B, or have you lashed out and bought two? If the latter, are they a matching pair, and did you get a discount for buying in bulk.
It depends upon what day it is ............. and what sector of space I'm in of course.
Those which cover the ears are obviously advantageous when faced with Vogon poetry, for example.
Better than any towel in such a circumstance.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 07:54 PM

I did in the late 1960’s, when it was the fashion to scrape your hair up, plonk a long hair piece on the back and hide the join with a folded scarf.

It used to look really nice, until the day l went on a date with someone and he had a low sports car.
He picked me up with the hood of the car down and off we drove. Very exhilarating until the wind lifted my hairpiece almost off my head and l had to hang onto it, to stop it flying away!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:01 PM

My sister worked at a Car Auctions and the man who owned it was in his late seventies. He wore the most terrible wig. It was sort of straw coloured and had seen better days.
She said, it was most embarrassing when they were outside looking at the cars because if it was windy, his ‘syrup’ would lift then settle back in place, until the next gust of wind..

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top