Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 05:53 PM

Re: Dido Harding will face MPs on Wednesday 3 February

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Unfortunately, I am allergic to the face of "Incompetent" Harding so I am unable to watch anything that broadcasts it in case I throw a brick at the screen .....

As a consequence, I am dependent on written news reports - AFAIK, today's committee meeting did not discuss the TnT app but more may be disclosed in the committee report, if one becomes available .....
Pity the job wasn't advertised. If they really wanted to pay someone for being clueless, inept, out of their depth and ineffectual, I'd have been an equally perfect choice!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Pity the job wasn't advertised. If they really wanted to pay someone for being clueless, inept, out of their depth and ineffectual, I'd have been an equally perfect choice!!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 08:11 PM

What a waste of time that was, as I said it would be.

Jeremy Hunt was only able to state the bleedin' obvious as a conclusion so don't expect anything of use to come from this - like how the Hell he thinks the problem of 20,000 supposed non-isolating potentially infected people per day is going to be resolved?

Here's the latest data on how successful Dido's system really is:

"Out of the 275,351 cases transferred to the contact tracing system in the latest week, 236,583 (85.9%) were reached, 34,191 (12.4%) were not reached and 4,577 (1.7%) had no communication details provided. The proportion of cases reached has remained broadly similar since the start of November 2020. Since Test and Trace launched, 85.9% of all cases have been reached."

Given how many people just do not want to be contacted and/or do not want to cooperate, that is a respectable figure.
Short of making it compulsory and fining people for non-compliance I don't see how it could reasonably be expected to be any better, despite the incessant whinging of some in here?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...0-january-2021
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
What a waste of time that was, as I said it would be.

Jeremy Hunt was only able to state the bleedin' obvious as a conclusion so don't expect anything of use to come from this - like how the Hell he thinks the problem of 20,000 supposed non-isolating potentially infected people per day is going to be resolved?

Here's the latest data on how successful Dido's system really is:

"Out of the 275,351 cases transferred to the contact tracing system in the latest week, 236,583 (85.9%) were reached, 34,191 (12.4%) were not reached and 4,577 (1.7%) had no communication details provided. The proportion of cases reached has remained broadly similar since the start of November 2020. Since Test and Trace launched, 85.9% of all cases have been reached."

Given how many people just do not want to be contacted and/or do not want to cooperate, that is a respectable figure.
Short of making it compulsory and fining people for non-compliance I don't see how it could reasonably be expected to be any better, despite the incessant whinging of some in here?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...0-january-2021

Totally agree Zaphod.

I still haven't seen any figures from the haters. There again the truth always seems to shut their mouths.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 01:32 AM

MPs urge test and trace chief to prove system curbs spread of Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pread-of-covid

Harding told the Commons science and technology committee on Wednesday that NHS test and trace was on track to reduce R, the reproduction number of the epidemic, by 0.6 to 0.8 at the end of March, an improvement over the 0.3 to 0.6 reduction she said was achieved in October.

But in a sometimes testy exchange, Greg Clark, chair of the committee, pressed Harding on why she had failed to publish evidence for the claim, noting she had told the public accounts committee last month that the assessment would be published “soon”.

Harding defended the delay, saying the information needed to be “properly quality assured”, but expected it to appear in the next couple of weeks. Pointing out that this would mean more than a monthlong wait, Clark said: “For an organisation for which the watchword should be speed, this doesn’t seem to be a feature of your disclosure of the evidence.” Harding responded: “I completely disagree.”
Prevarication and procrastination .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
MPs urge test and trace chief to prove system curbs spread of Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pread-of-covid

Prevarication and procrastination .....
From the supposed questioners it is indeed, the argumentative bunch that are only trying to justify their wages!
As has been very correctly said by Dido: testing and tracing alone are not a silver bullet.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
From the supposed questioners it is indeed, the argumentative bunch that are only trying to justify their wages!
As has been very correctly said by Dido: testing and tracing alone are not a silver bullet.
Track and trace was never designed to curb the spread of covid it was designed to identify where covid cases occur and the people who could be affected.

More sensationalist nonsense from the paper that nobody reads.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Track and trace was never designed to curb the spread of covid it was designed to identify where covid cases occur and the people who could be affected.

More sensationalist nonsense from the paper that nobody reads.
Hi

Track and Trace has been used for years to stop the spread of different infections.

Our system is useless, it simply does not work.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-02-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Track and Trace has been used for years to stop the spread of different infections.

Our system is useless, it simply does not work.
You can't force people to use it. Thats a user issue not a system problem
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Track and trace was never designed to curb the spread of covid it was designed to identify where covid cases occur and the people who could be affected
Great. I got a message at the start of the outbreak from my GP advising me that I was someone considered to be at high risk (overweight smoker probably). One would have thought that the app would alert me of localised relevant information to help make informed choices of where I need to avoid. Haven't received a dicky bird.

So, what use has it been?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top