Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 11:27 PM

Re: Illegal migrants burn accommodation down !!

You cannot be a choosing beggar.

That said, what is going on with these people? Are they just in holding situations or are they being processed to either be shipped back or on to other communities to work and settle?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You cannot be a choosing beggar.

That said, what is going on with these people? Are they just in holding situations or are they being processed to either be shipped back or on to other communities to work and settle?
They are being assessed for citizenship SM !
If they fail, they get sent back to France !

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
An ex military barracks being used as a temporary accommodation
for illegal migrants has been destroyed by fire in Folkestone, Kent
today !!
Seems it did not match up to the advertising promises?

Donkeyman! 👎🙃👎
If they are part of the Shorncliffe barracks then they have done the world and Britain in particular a favour, I grew up in Folkestone and those barracks were condemned when I lived in the town - as kids we used to play there. They were in use before WWI and I think were built in the late 1800s - Bloody awful place.

Good on them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 07:01 AM

Napier barracks was I believe part of the Shorncliffe barracks but I hardly think they will be in the same condition as when you were a child.
So now our government ie the British taxpayer has to provide alternative accommodation for a bunch of ungrateful illegal immigrants all unskilled men who left a safe country France in order to load themslves on the British people who are struggling with a covid pandemic .
What a pitywe don’t have a handy island like Nauru or Manus where we can pay the local populace to violate their human rights instead . As Australia used to do .
Still it did the trick people don’t mess with the Australian immigration am I right ?
We should relocate these people to the outer Shetland islands ,meanwhile give them tents .
We cannot be subject to intimidation like this in our own land.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 08:55 AM

Just an observation beyond the news reel. its always been a fact that immigrants who arrive anywhere in the world generally have a place to return to that is recognisable should they they be forced (or choose) to go back. In this process, the destination place, as a side effect is changed beyond recognition, for ever, for the endemic population, that is a big ask for the endemic folks whatever their social philosophy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:32 AM

Everyone here saying what we should do about this problem, and these are things which Australia, France and just about every other country does with them.

But not us. No. We have been putting them in four star hotels, or so I believe. Those sent to a disused army base have no doubt heard about that and are objecting by setting fire to the place.

Priti Patel talks about dealing with them. It sounds encouraging that she is promising to sort out the problem.

So what has happened so far? Nothing.

What will happen now? I can't say for certain, of course, but I fully expect it to be covered up from the press and the locusts to be quietly let free...
along with handouts, free accommodation and the rest.

And of course, the good news will encourage even more to come from 'our friends' across the Channel.

I think we'll just have to wait until 2024. If we have any sense as a nation, we'll then vote in Reform UK who, I'm confident, WILL address the problem.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If they are part of the Shorncliffe barracks then they have done the world and Britain in particular a favour, I grew up in Folkestone and those barracks were condemned when I lived in the town - as kids we used to play there. They were in use before WWI and I think were built in the late 1800s - Bloody awful place.

Good on them.
Sod them. They really should have two options ONLY. Live behind the fence with the bare minimum of necessities of life or get out of the UK.

Option two being the best option. These illegals are burglars. If they were genuine asylum seekers they would have sought asylum somewhere in the EU.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
They are being assessed for citizenship SM !
If they fail, they get sent back to France !

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Err, no. France will not accept them. Why should they?

Rheinwiesenlager camps would work.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 02:06 PM

These illegal immigrants should be grateful for any kind of accommodation, but they still believe that the Uk is a land of milk & honey , just as the people who sent them here told them!
I have sympathy for the people in Syrian camps & I am sure that the children are cold & hungry , but those who have traveled through many countries, could have been helped elsewhere!

They are not the UK's responsibility and the behavior of many has demonstrated that they will never be welcomed here.
For a small country, we have offered refuge to many people in need... so isn't it time that that some larger countries took in those who are genuinely in need....we have done more than our share of caring for people that their own countries no longer want!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

30-01-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just an observation beyond the news reel. its always been a fact that immigrants who arrive anywhere in the world generally have a place to return to that is recognisable should they they be forced (or choose) to go back. In this process, the destination place, as a side effect is changed beyond recognition, for ever, for the endemic population, that is a big ask for the endemic folks whatever their social philosophy.
By the time that these creatures arrive on our shores they have destroyed all identification proof so we have no evidence as where to return them to.

Just keep them in secure camps untill they assist in their return. Huts? Tents are better and if they destroy them then cattle sheds.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top