Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 12:28 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Hotels 'yet to hear anything' on quarantine plan from government

Apparently no Hotels have volunteered to sign up to be covid quarantine hotels according to James Cleverley.

I must admit, I can see their point.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 12:35 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Hotels 'yet to hear anything' on quarantine plan from government

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just like the old days ....

Easiest thing is vaccinate people here then we don't care who comes in to our country.

At the moment we have 10 million of the most vulnerable now protected and in the next 2 weeks we will have all the top 4 groups of vulnerable people protected.

If people social distance and stick to our lock down rules as they come over here it shouldn't be a problem, bearing in mind a lot of people coming here are bringing goods, products and essential items anyway.

We had this with the proposal for testing for people on arrival, but the problem with that is, what do we do with a plane full of people when only one person tests positive ? Does everyone have to wait in arrival lounges in quarantine until the last person is tested and then if someone is positive do we put the entire plane full of passengers in hotels ? How do we keep families together ? How do we protect the vulnerable ? Considering one plane lands every about 5 minutes at Heathrow it would be an impossible task, especially as testing isn't as accurate as we would hope.

Easiest answer to it is let people come here but make sure its only essential travel to keep the numbers down and have a covid safe policy and method on planes etc to reduce the risk of infections. Which is what we have done, basically.

Or just shoot them like Mags says
I believe that's what most other countries are doing.

Or we could shoot them, like Mags says!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yeah, I've got a couple of Beretta Shot Guns and about 1000 cartridges, should be fun
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Your second point is possibly valid though I would have thought every hotel needs a ventilation system but the first is not, ...
In which case, I defer to your actual experiences. Thanks
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:04 PM

Apparently no Hotels have volunteered to sign up to be covid quarantine hotels according to James Cleverley.

I must admit, I can see their point.
Curiously, someone on BBC QT last night said that hotels have been offering to help for months but that the gov hadn't responded. Wonder where (s)he got her facts from??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:06 PM

I am Meg not Mags there is a difference
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

05-02-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am Meg not Mags there is a difference
Good cop, bad cop? Which one are you today?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-02-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Curiously, someone on BBC QT last night said that hotels have been offering to help for months but that the gov hadn't responded. Wonder where (s)he got her facts from??

No idea but if I had a hotel I wouldn't want it turned into a hospital ward.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

05-02-2021, 01:19 PM

No idea but if I had a hotel I wouldn't want it turned into a hospital ward.
True. Think we also need to take Bruce's account of Australia's actual experiences into, er, account.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Tweren't me Mister!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top