Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:30 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Hotels 'yet to hear anything' on quarantine plan from government

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
True. Think we also need to take Bruce's account of Australia's actual experiences into, er, account.
About air conditioning ?

The hotels that will take COVID patients probably don't "have duvets' if you know what I mean, but person by person we could convert the world to hospitality trays, digestive biscuits and coffee that dissolves.

Maybe a course of injections would be preferable to coming here after all
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 01:38 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Hotels 'yet to hear anything' on quarantine plan from government

Originally Posted by Bread ->
About air conditioning ?

The hotels that will take COVID patients probably don't "have duvets' if you know what I mean, but person by person we could convert the world to hospitality trays, digestive biscuits and coffee that dissolves.

Maybe a course of injections would be preferable to coming here after all
Indeed. Providing a hotel can be deemed as appropriate and safe and able to comply with operational requirements, and it generates an overall profitable income (at the expense of the traveller and not the taxpayer, hmm, discuss), then get it going. No need to wait another week or so. Hoteliers will already know what they need to do.

All this should have been in place months ago, but that is a moot point now!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am Meg not Mags there is a difference
Oi, I was only copying what Bread said.

It's all Bread's fault.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Tweren't me Mister!
Bread, I hope you can see what trouble you've got me into.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Bread, I hope you can see what trouble you've got me into.
I'm always in trouble JBR, welcome to my world.

Just, smile and invoice a we say in IT consulting
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-02-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I'm always in trouble JBR, welcome to my world.

Just, smile and invoice a we say in IT consulting
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 11:39 PM

BTW arriving travellers are also charged about $3000 per person for a fortnights compulsory quarantine in a hotel. On top of this the hotel can also charge them for "extras" like a room with a balcony or windows that open otherwise they take what they are given.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 11:53 PM

Until we see stats about who is travelling where and when, and for what reason, any comment is futile.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Until we see stats about who is travelling where and when, and for what reason, any comment is futile.
I can tell you exactly - the only people flying into Australia are returning residents and a very small number of business and government officials.

To leave Australia a permit is required (except for foreign nationals)

https://travel-exemptions.homeaffair...dad597f49619b8

From the ABS:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	14700  
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 12:30 AM

The somewhat more pressing issue will be the mad dash before the enforced quarantine.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top