Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 04:13 PM

Re: Who Is The Best World Leader?

I was going to vote for Jacinda as well but now, if that CBS News story is real and not "sexed up", I'm not so sure.
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 06:54 PM

Jacinda Adhern. It's not very difficult to control/keep happy 5,000,000 people.
I wonder how she'd do with say, ours with all our diversities.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 07:32 PM

I don't think I have a favourite leader. I'm not sure how I would define it.

I wish Thatcher was still alive
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 07:48 PM

Qe2

....................:-d
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I don't think I have a favourite leader. I'm not sure how I would define it.

I wish Thatcher was still alive
Oh so do I.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:29 PM

"Only sheep need leaders. If you want to be sheep, then prepare to be fleeced. "
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
Jacinda Adhern. It's not very difficult to control/keep happy 5,000,000 people.
I wonder how she'd do with say, ours with all our diversities.
The population of New Zealand - 5 Mil as you correctly point out - is just a little less than Greater Melbourne. The population of Australia is roughly half that of England - 26 million. The majority concentrated in 5 cities. COVID has been controlled brilliantly in both places. Australia and NZ. Not because of the size of the populations but because of the cooperation between the states ( in Australia)..the provinces in NZ; and that the medical experts have been allowed to take control and run things properly. The politicians, by and large have backed them, not fought them for their own interests. Australia is every bit as ethnically diverse as the UK. New Zealand is moving that way too. Not meaning to brag. JUst pointing out some detail. Also, our leader has the same title as yours..Prime Minister. Premiers are the leaders of the various states.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
The population of New Zealand - 5 Mil as you correctly point out - is just a little less than Greater Melbourne. The population of Australia is roughly half that of England - 26 million. COVID has been controlled brilliantly in both places. Australia and NZ. Not because of the size of the populations but because of the cooperation between the states ( in Australia)..the provinces in NZ; and that the medical experts have been allowed to take control and run things properly. The politicians, by and large have backed them, not fought them for their own interests. Australia is every bit as ethnically diverse as the UK. New Zealand is moving that way too. Not meaning to brag. JUst pointing out some detail. Also, our leader has the same title as yours..Prime Minister. Premiers are the leaders of the various states.
Sometimes I wish we had emigrated to Australia as we had planned to do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
The population of New Zealand - 5 Mil as you correctly point out - is just a little less than Greater Melbourne. The population of Australia is roughly half that of England - 26 million. COVID has been controlled brilliantly in both places. Australia and NZ. Not because of the size of the populations but because of the cooperation between the states ( in Australia)..the provinces in NZ; and that the medical experts have been allowed to take control and run things properly. The politicians, by and large have backed them, not fought them for their own interests. Australia is every bit as ethnically diverse as the UK. New Zealand is moving that way too. Not meaning to brag. JUst pointing out some detail. Also, our leader has the same title as yours..Prime Minister. Premiers are the leaders of the various states.
Erm....... 26 Mill versus 68 million.......and then there's a few million who have sneaked in through the back door.....Recent estimates suggest nearer 70 million....

And Australia area = 7.692 million kmē
The UK area = 242,495 kmē

If you want to see why Australia has fared better than the UK, look no further than the above. The Climate also has had a major hand in its success.

Putin would be my choice, but only in the absence of Mrs Thatcher....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Only a small country I know, but Jacinda Arderne seems to be doing pretty well,at the moment and is well regarded at home, although not much of a player on the world stage..
She gets my vote too. Good choice.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top