Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:28 AM

Re: Who Is The Best World Leader?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Erm....... 26 Mill versus 68 million.......and then there's a few million who have sneaked in through the back door.....Recent estimates suggest nearer 70 million....

And Australia area = 7.692 million kmē
The UK area = 242,495 kmē

If you want to see why Australia has fared better than the UK, look no further than the above. The Climate also has had a major hand in its success.

Putin would be my choice, but only in the absence of Mrs Thatcher....
OK OGF. Look no further?..I disagree. I think we have to look a little further. How about we have another look at the real situation we are talking about. Look back over the post. I said England. Not the UK. Also climate or population has absolutely nothing to do with it. Other countries that have handled COVID well include Japan, South Korea, Iceland!. Taiwan. Are they particularly noted for their hot climates?. If those things are the only reason Australia has handled it better than the UK why then are you only just now adopting some of the measures we did from the get go and admitting that you should have taken our example earlier. e.g. hotel quarantine. Look back again and note that I spoke about the federal system and the cooperation of the state leaders, medical people and the population in general in instituting hard borders and cooperating with the federal government. I'm not a great fan of SCOMO and his crew. But he has been steady and consistent throught the fight with COVID..and with China for that matter. Most of all the success has been because we have cooperated with each other. This has been a lot more effective than the nature of the climate. As you correctly point out, Australia is huge in area. Sixth largest country. England is not much bigger than one of the larger cattle stations in Queensland or the Northern Territory. True. But people in the UK seem to see Australia as one great big hot desert. It isn't. Like the US it has a large climate range. Desert, yes. Also savannah, Eucalypt forrest, monsoon, rain forrest, wet lands, Mediterranean, conifer forrest, Alpine and temperate marine (just like England and colder in some areas) There is more snow in the Australian Alps in winter than there is in Switzerland. I have been colder in Tasmania than I was in Aberdeen. COVID has been controlled exceptionally well in all states. So, with respect mate, climate really has jack sh*t to do with it...BUt happy trails anyway. I really hope the UK can get through this with no more pain. I have lived in England. I have an idea about how our two countries differ. Thatcher?..Putin!?..erm..No comment. This is all a little off topic. Jazz still gets my vote. She is awesome.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:37 AM

Arderne has handled a very difficult situation very well! At no time has she involved "party politics" nastiness, just encouraged the "team of 5 million" to work together .
I wouldn't take much notice of the clip about tie wearing in the parliament building. It's been retracted by mutual consent. Just imagine if we made the guy with the facial moko the Minister of Trade and sent him to Japan!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Arderne has handled a very difficult situation very well! At no time has she involved "party politics" nastiness, just encouraged the "team of 5 million" to work together .
I wouldn't take much notice of the clip about tie wearing in the parliament building. It's been retracted by mutual consent. Just imagine if we made the guy with the facial moko the Minister of Trade and sent him to Japan!
Hey Cider Dude!..Waving from across the "dutch"...Can we have Jazz for half the year? We'll swap you Peter Dutton for her! ..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:43 AM

I'd go for Arderne too, she has shown herself competent to deal with any challenge that she has faced and has made the one trick pony in Brexistan or Scotty from Marketing look pretty average.

You can't swap her for just Mr Potatohead, you'd have to throw in Eric Abetz, George Christianson, Craig Kelly and a few of the other no hopers in the Australian Parliament
keezoy
Australia

11-02-2021, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Sometimes I wish we had emigrated to Australia as we had planned to do.
Never say never!..Come on over.
keezoy
Australia

11-02-2021, 02:35 AM

By the way OGF. Here's another perspective for you to think about. As I said, I have lived in the UK. I know how small and crowded it is. I have seen the best and the worst of it. I focussed on the good stuff and I had a ball. Today Britain is still a first world ..country?..Kingdom? IT ranks 5th in the world economically..I think. LOndon is the only alpha double plus city on Earth apart from New York. YOu have massive wealth and industrial and financial power still. YOu still hold a good part of the floor in the arts and culture. And you have significant military power in your region still. YOu have some of the world's top universities and scientific and medical research institutions. YOu have become very competitive good in sport as well. And now you want us to accept that we have snipped you with COVID is down to the fact that there's less of us?..And because the sun shines brighter here!?..I really hope, as I said that Britain gets it beaten. But look at all the elements in the argument yeah?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Hey Cider Dude!..Waving from across the "dutch"...Can we have Jazz for half the year? We'll swap you Peter Dutton for her! ..
I'm sorry Keezoy, she can't come over there. She's got a cute little baby and you've got all sorts of creepy bitey things over there!
keezoy
Australia

11-02-2021, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I'm sorry Keezoy, she can't come over there. She's got a cute little baby and you've got all sorts of creepy bitey things over there!
Mate she would have more bodyguards than you could wave a burnt stick at.
Starlight7
New Member!
Melbourne, Australia
Starlight7 is female 

11-02-2021, 09:10 AM

Putin. He reminds me of one of those Vikings. Tough and uncompromising and he gets what he wants.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 09:58 AM

None of them the sort of person who would make a 'best world leader' tend not to go into politics...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top