Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:18 AM

new boiler

How many of you have a gas boiler, and what make do you have
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:17 AM

Re: new boiler

Originally Posted by paula ->
How many of you have a gas boiler, and what make do you have
I don't have a gas boiler but I do have a gas BBQ. Does that count?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:03 AM

I assume you mean for heating hot water and central heating
we have a combi boiler, viessman, had it nearly twelve years,
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 09:23 AM

We're still go an old fashioned Glow worm back boiler.
I am currently in the process of applying for a new one under the 'Warm Home Scheme'
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Valliant HR eco tec plus, does heating and hot water...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:29 PM

Worcester-Bosch 35CDi
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:29 PM

We had Worcester-Bosch combi boilers installed in our last 2 apartments. They replaced old Ferroli boilers that were a) past their useful life but still just about working, b) total rubbish as far as being able to control water temperatures.

In our new place the previous owner had an Ideal combi fitted (early last year). While it's OK-ish, I wouldn't have chosen it, I would have had another WB 25CDi with all its bells and whistles.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We had Worcester-Bosch combi boilers installed in our last 2 apartments. They replaced old Ferroli boilers that were a) past their useful life but still just about working, b) total rubbish as far as being able to control water temperatures.

In our new place the previous owner had an Ideal combi fitted (early last year). While it's OK-ish, I wouldn't have chosen it, I would have had another WB 25CDi with all its bells and whistles.
I agree. It's interesting, however, that when I regularly visit the Plumbing section on another forum (which, of course, I shouldn't name but is involved in offering advice to DiY enthusiasts!) the experts there constantly disagree with each other as to which brand of boiler is the best.

For example, for every heating installer who sings the praises of W-B, another will decry it as being crepe and insist that his favourite is far superior!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. It's interesting, however, that when I regularly visit the Plumbing section on another forum (which, of course, I shouldn't name but is involved in offering advice to DiY enthusiasts!) the experts there constantly disagree with each other as to which brand of boiler is the best.

For example, for every heating installer who sings the praises of W-B, another will decry it as being crepe and insist that his favourite is far superior!
And if Moonraker (a friend of mine that joined OFF at the same time as me) would post on here, he'd tell you that Vaillant were the mutt's nuts. His son's a heating engineer and used to install nothing but.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-02-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
And if Moonraker (a friend of mine that joined OFF at the same time as me) would post on here, he'd tell you that Vaillant were the mutt's nuts. His son's a heating engineer and used to install nothing but.
Of course, and I fully understand that if all heating installation engineers were to be asked they'd support the type that they are most familiar with. Nothing wrong with that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top