Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Almost half of Americans think Trump was worst president ever, with Obama named best

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1801294.html

Former president Donald Trump has been named as the worst president in US history in a new YouGov poll, while his predecessor Barack Obama was voted the best.

The results of the survey, produced with The Economist, show the polarisation of US political opinions at the end of the Trump presidency and as he is facing an impeachment trial in the Senate over the Capitol insurrection.

Asked who they felt was the worst president in history, 46 per cent of respondents named Mr Trump. The survey was conducted between 6 and 9 February with almost 1,500 participants.

Mr Obama was named the worst president by 24 per cent of respondents, while former president Richard Nixon – who left office in ignominy after the Watergate scandal – was named the worst by 5 per cent of people.

Respondents in the survey were also asked who they thought was the best president in history, and here the results were much closer. Mr Obama narrowly topped the list on 18 per cent, followed by 17 per cent who voted for Abraham Lincoln. But then Mr Trump was voted as the best by 13 per cent, making him third in the list ahead of Franklin D Roosevelt.
Of course, it's only a poll .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Re: Almost half of Americans think Trump was worst president ever, with Obama named best

Sorta supports my opinion about most Septics.

Clueless, fascicle, and shallow not to mention naïve.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Re: Almost half of Americans think Trump was worst president ever, with Obama named best

Originally Posted by Omah ->

If you read your title Omah it means that over half of Americans didn't think that in the Obama Economist Poll.

Ofcourse, its only maths

Oh yeah, I remember now, its about 3 months since you started to think up one of Obamas achievements.

... I'm still waiting ....must be harder than I thought
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Deleted. Due to bad grammar. Does that make me a hypocrite?..Absolutely...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Art I'm a stickler for grammar and correct spelling but I don't usually mention it here although it abounds. But in your case I'll make an eksepshun. You say most Americans are a bunch of... nerve fibres? (fascicle)...You mean facile yeah?.. Thanks Omah for the thread, Informative as usual. Beyond that I have learned the frustrating way that there is no point in arguing with The Todge or Bread or even offering an alternative view. Facsicles of me to even Dreem of it. So happy trails all!,,as youse were.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Art I'm a stickler for grammar and correct spelling but I don't usually mention it here although it abounds. But in your case I'll make an eksepshun. You say most Americans are a bunch of... nerve fibres? (fascicle)...You mean facile yeah?.. Thanks Omah for the thread, Informative as usual. Beyond that I have learned the frustrating way that there is no point in arguing with The Todge or Bread or even offering an alternative view. Facsicles of me to even Dreem of it. So happy trails all!,,as youse were.

What took you so long to figure that out, keezoy? I am way ahead of you.
keezoy
Australia

13-02-2021, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->

What took you so long to figure that out, keezoy? I am way ahead of you.
Oh yes my friend. I did figure that out a long time ago. It's just that firstly people here seem hyper sensitive to any criticism about their brutalising of their own language. So I thought.."What's the point?" They invented it so I guess they have a sense of entitlement when it comes to destroying it. Apparently we aren't allowed to criticise others here unless it's to their face. (screen) But speaking in generalisations, people are indeed entitled to their opinions. And we are entitled to disagree. With some it stays as an argument. With others it gets personal, sarcastic. bitchy, patronising and just plain obnoxious. But you get that. IN any event I have US ancestors two generations back on my Dad's side.. I have lots of relatives and friends there - Northern California mostly. I've lived there a couple of times. I have strong ties to the US. So I could take offence. But what the hell. Who cares. To quote a famous Australian..THey should be so lucky!..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:50 AM

Probably doesn't mean anything - An ABC News (US) poll found that 61 percent of Americans believe the account of creation in the Bible’s book of Genesis is “literally true” rather than a story meant as a “lesson.”

Sixty percent believe in the story of Noah’s ark and a global flood, while 64 percent agree that Moses parted the Red Sea to save fleeing Jews from their Egyptian captors.

So less than 50% believing anything is probably not a meaningful statistic.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 06:24 AM

Almost half of Americans think Trump was worst president ever, with Obama named best

And they would be wrong on both counts!

Trump is close to the worst. To say he isn't presidential is an understatement at best, but in terms of his accomplishments, not the worst by far.

That Obama would be considered the the best is absolutely laughable.

The only thing this poll shows is that Americans don't know anything about their own history .

Perhaps that's because too many of us are facile fascicles.
keezoy
Australia

13-02-2021, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
And they would be wrong on both counts!

Trump is close to the worst. To say he isn't presidential is an understatement at best, but in terms of his accomplishments, not the worst by far.

That Obama would be considered the the best is absolutely laughable.

The only thing this poll shows is that Americans don't know anything about their own history .

Perhaps that's because too many of us are facile fascicles.
Aw I don't think that's true SM. Not at all..You're all
fassilish fackstickulators. JUst like us Aussies.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top