Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 01:46 AM

TJ Ducklo: White House suspends aide for 'threatening reporter'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56045877

A White House spokesman has been suspended for a week without pay after allegedly threatening to "destroy" a female reporter who was asking questions about his private life.

The suspension of Mr Ducklo, the White House deputy press secretary, came after Vanity Fair magazine reported on his alleged threats to Ms Palmeri.

The Politico reporter had been investigating Mr Ducklo's relationship with Alexi McCammond, a journalist with Axios who had covered Mr Biden's election campaign. *

He allegedly rang her and said: "I will destroy you". He also made other derogatory and misogynistic comments, Vanity Fair reports.

White House press secretary Jen Pskai said on Friday that Mr Ducklo had apologised to Ms Palmeri. He has not commented independently.

Some observers have criticised President Joe Biden for failing to take stronger action. He has previously said he would fire "on the spot" any staff speaking disrespectfully to colleagues.

President Biden told his staff on his first day in office that he would not tolerate bullying behaviour.

"I'm not joking when I say this: If you ever work with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I will fire you on the spot. No ifs, ands or buts," he said.

Some commentators, such as CNN anchor Jake Tapper, are now asking whether the same punishment should not apply to the way his staff treat journalists doing their job.
Sack 'im, Joe .....

* Apparently, it's about conflict of interest - a political reporter's romantic relationship with one of President Biden’s top communications staffers is raising ethics concerns - Axios reporter Alexi McCammond asked to be taken off then-candidate Joe Biden’s beat because she began dating his then-press secretary TJ Ducklo and the political website obliged but she continues to cover the administration and Vice President Kamala Harris.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:48 AM

Re: TJ Ducklo: White House suspends aide for 'threatening reporter'

Biden aide quits over 'abhorrent' language

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56058477

White House deputy press secretary TJ Ducklo has resigned, a day after being suspended without pay for allegedly threatening a female reporter.

In the statement posted on Twitter, Mr Ducklo, 32, wrote: "No words can express my regret, my embarrassment and my disgust for my behaviour. I used language that no woman should ever have to hear from anyone, especially in a situation where she was just trying to do her job. It was language that was abhorrent, disrespectful and unacceptable. I am devastated to have embarrassed and disappointed my White House colleagues and President Biden, and after a discussion with White House communications leadership tonight, I resigned my position."

Ms Palmeri has so far made no public comments on the latest developments.
Presumably, he was pushed .....

Still, the Biden is displaying more integrity than that of Trump .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top