Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 11:29 AM

Re: Facebook Bans News Content

This could be the beginning of the end for followers of false eyelashes and pouting fish lips.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This could be the beginning of the end for followers of false eyelashes and pouting fish lips.
Its probably the end of Facebook.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its probably the end of Facebook.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 09:20 PM

Australia only has 26 million people. Most of them live in 6 cities. We are a nation of commuters, suburbanites and inner city hipsters. Most of us seem to use Facebook to access news and any other information. THis has all been closed to us because we had the temerity to ask them to pay for the journalism of others that they use. But it's not just general news that has been affected. Some Facebook pages belonging to Australian government organisations, including emergency services and weather forecasters, have started to reappear on Facebook after earlier being blocked.
Key organisations including Fire and Rescue NSW, Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA, SA Health and Queensland Health all had their pages wiped this morning after the social media giant slapped a ban on Australian users and publishers from sharing or viewing news content. We have told Facebook the same thing we told China. WE are always willing to talk and to negotiate. We are capable of comprimise. But we don't take kindly to threats regardless of who they are from. Bully us and you can go to hell.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 10:23 PM

The News is fighting back

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	14798  
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 10:36 PM

Is it just me? Admittedly I don't spend much time on Facebook, but I've never seen any news or ads on it. Maybe I'm just focussing on what I want to look at and oblivious to any surroundings.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Is it just me? Admittedly I don't spend much time on Facebook, but I've never seen any news or ads on it. Maybe I'm just focussing on what I want to look at and oblivious to any surroundings.
I don't use Facebook for news either but it has deleted all content from my local ABC Illawarra Facebook page.

There was report on the radio about a local ABC intern studying journalism at the Uni of Wollongong, she had her entire journalist study group archive had been deleted. All journalist students were affected.

We old folks don't use Facebook as intensively as young people do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top