Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 09:37 AM

Over or under plus a luxury feel.

Toilet paper....how is it placed on your toilet holder.

Over or under?

Plus ,are you particular in the toilet tissue you purchase....? .....as in soft or don’t you mind?

Do you make the first sheet look neat? as in folding it,to look pretty?

My toilet roll stands on the floor....

Just a silly bit of fun guys.......to help us through the day.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:02 AM

Re: Over or under plus a luxury feel.

I am quite fussy about my loo paper, yes. The front piece is always folded into a little fancy triangle thing, with the loo paper coming over the top, not under, and the softer the better. I prefer the scented ones because I have the tiniest of bathrooms with an extractor fan, no window in it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I am quite fussy about my loo paper, yes. The front piece is always folded into a little fancy triangle thing, with the loo paper coming over the top, not under, and the softer the better. I prefer the scented ones because I have the tiniest of bathrooms with an extractor fan, no window in it.
......I must say, Pixie, I do prefer soft , Lidl toilet paper is rough....you do notice after being accustomed to soft...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:14 AM

I know! I got some from M&S, and it was soft on one side and rough on the other. I thought ewww, not getting that again!

Edit::: Do you remember the tracing paper stuff you got at school!? Put me off public bathrooms for life that did!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-02-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I know! I got some from M&S, and it was soft on one side and rough on the other. I thought ewww, not getting that again!

Edit::: Do you remember the tracing paper stuff you got at school!? Put me off public bathrooms for life that did!

I remember it well....what about newspaper,.....hard to believe, as a child, we used that, plus the slop bucket, that used to dispose of waste,in the outside elsan toilet.....I can’t believe I lived in that time ,Pixie....we sure have come a long way.

I am glad I lived that way as I sure appreciate stuff now,like a flushable toilet,etc,etc.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:27 AM

It's placed over the holder at my house.

Always get Nicky toilet roll from Home Bargains. It's very good - and cheap too.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:28 AM

We have to use the lightest, finest, most disintegratingly thinnest bog-roll in the ground floor "library" because anything else will clog up the sanitary-shredder. Unfortunately we found this out the hard way. Taking one apart is not a fun job.

I'm not involved with decisions made for the Outlaw's bathroom on the middle floor, but up in the attic on-suet, we always use soft three or preferably four-ply.

The roll with paper farthest away from the wall if that makes sense, so you can get your hand behind it without having to touch the wall.

I've visited many hotels where the first sheet was folded into a neat triangle. I used to think the housekeeping staff had to go on a three day course to learn that, but now I suspect you can find out how to do it on a you-choob tutorial.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-02-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's placed over the holder at my house.

Always get Nicky toilet roll from Home Bargains. It's very good - and cheap too.
So you don’t mind “ rough” Carol.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-02-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
We have to use the lightest, finest, most disintegratingly thinnest bog-roll in the ground floor "library" because anything else will clog up the sanitary-shredder. Unfortunately we found this out the hard way. Taking one apart is not a fun job.

I'm not involved with decisions made for the Outlaw's bathroom on the middle floor, but up in the attic on-suet, we always use soft three or preferably four-ply.

The roll with paper farthest away from the wall if that makes sense, so you can get your hand behind it without having to touch the wall.

I've visited many hotels where the first sheet was folded into a neat triangle. I used to think the housekeeping staff had to go on a three day course to learn that, but now I suspect you can find out how to do it on a you-choob tutorial.
On a 3 day course....😂🤣😅....I must check out that tutorial..

to taking that shredder apart....can you imagine unblocking toilets ,in the old days....yuck...

You are funny,Fruitcake...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 10:51 AM

I always buy soft toilet paper, and it goes under the holder, also I have a pretty basket which I have six toilet rolls placed inside it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top