Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Re: Power Wednesday

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I know how you feel about your tax Losos. Back in the early 80's when gold prices hit the roof, the boss had to let 3 of us go (out of 6 employees) through no fault of his own. I was lucky enough to find another position after 2 weeks and handed my new employer all my work and tax documents, imagine my surprise when I opened my first pay packet and found I was on 'Emergency Tax' (taxed on everything over a fiver). I had to borrow money from my Parents to survive with a Wife and 2 children. It took them 3 Months to find out what they already knew (my tax free allowance). They gave it back in dribs and drabs over another 10 weeks, talk about being hopping mad, is it any wonder People lose their temper with these officials.
Yes, I can't tell you on such a public forum exactly what I had planned to do to them (In my mind) for starters tax is now taken before it gets into your hands, that's like theft to me

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top