Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Good Morning Saturday

Hi everyone and a very good morning from an overcast and grey Sherwood Forest, but we aren't downhearted as my daughter and her children are coming over for lunch, and then we will all go for a tramp through the woods with the dogs.

Have a great day yourselves..

Barry
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday

'morning Barry and all,

For once I think it's a bit brighter here than where you are, sun is out. Will be taking the two furries into the forrest this afternoon as well, sadly this one has no historical significance (Unless you're into pre war Third Reich history) just a lot of Spruce and Silver Birch
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Good Morning all! It's 1:00 in the morning here as we're one day after the earthquake/tsunami disaster in Japan. Video footage of that wall of water, debris, cars, boats and people washing away everything was amazing. An entire village was swept away. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as you go through today. Count your blessings & have a good day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 12:38 PM

Good Morning lads and all members. The Sun is out and it's a bit warmer today. Yes Bob, I pray for those unfortunate People in Japan and I hope there will be no further loss of life. It might be just my way of thinking, but why did the build a Nuclear power station in such an earthquake prone area?.
Enjoy your Day Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 03:49 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

Bit of a mixture here weatherwise, mostly cloudy with the odd glimpse of sun.

It was awful watching the destruction left by the earthquake and tsunami on TV this morning, now there has been an explosion at the Japanese nuclear power plant We may moan about our own country but we have an awful lot to be thankful here.

We have our son staying for the weekend, I always enjoy his visits. He also makes sure my Mac is fully up to date and sorts out any queries I may have ...... sons are sooo very useful!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 05:54 PM

Supposed to be sunny but isn't: heavy cloud deck, 7 C (44 F), Spring still a way off; forsythia buds swelling, no signs of crocus or snowdrops.

We change to Daylight Savings tomorrow; can never remember if I'm now 4 hours or 6 hours behind instead of the usual 5. You'd think I'd remember by now ......

Tragic about the earthquake,tsunami. But all of the Japanese islands are in an earthquake zone, aren't they? Not much choice if they need nuclear.....

Have a nice day
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
but why did the build a Nuclear power station in such an earthquake prone area?.
The entire country is an 'earthquake prone area' for half a century they have only been allowed to build with stringent earthquake protection, the power station main reactor building with stood the shock, it was some of the other buildings on the site which suffered, at least that was what the Sky News 'expert' on nuclear power stations was saying today.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
We change to Daylight Savings tomorrow; can never remember if I'm now 4 hours or 6 hours behind instead of the usual 5. You'd think I'd remember by now ......
If you're putting your clocks forward tomorrow Eileen, then you'll be one hour closer to us, which will make you four hours behind us.

(only for the next fortnight though, as we put ours forward on the 27th March )
Treacle
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
Treacle is female 

12-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Good evening all ( sound like Dixon of Dock Green) Quite a nice day here in Derbyshire, dried my washing lovely. had my 12 year old grandaughter for the day don't they tire you out but loved every minute

Treacle
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->

Have a nice day
I'm surprised by this Eileen, I didn't know that you changed your clocks in the USA, with several time zones it must make things quite complicated..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top