Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Re: Whoops lol

I never thought of that LMB, good idea.....for next time.

The first time I ever cooked beetroot (I was very young), I washed and peeled them, cooked them, they were like little white turnips. I didn't know you didn't peel them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:39 AM

I always roast the carrot and potato peelings for the dogs. We call them curly wurlys they think they've been given real treasure when we do a tray of them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:42 AM

I had pals staying I got everything ready for Sunday lunch before we all went for a walk when we got back I knew as soon as I entered the kitchen no cooking smells! I forgot to turn on the oven, I wasn't popular
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Same here, Cos. Even then things can blow up!

YEp , dont put an egg in bobby.....
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I cooked a turkey once in my youf
I think I did it upside down
It came out legs akimbo
looking like it was ready for anything!

Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
YEp , dont put an egg in bobby.....
Ya, or unprotected pasta sauce...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I cooked a turkey once in my youf
I think I did it upside down
It came out legs akimbo
looking like it was ready for anything!
This is so great! You will appreciate this...

When I was first married, and money was scarce, several of my friends decided we would combine efforts and have Thanksgiving together.

Thanksgiving morning, my friend, Audrey, who was in charge of cooking the turkey, called crying to say that had bought a "skinny boy turkey" and there wouldn't be enough meat to feed everyone. I offered to drive over so we could figure something out.

When I opened her oven door, I realized that the turkey had simply been cooked upside down, and that all we needed to do was flip the bird over.

I held the roasting pan, while Audrey tried to flip the turkey, but unfortunately it slipped out of her hands, bounced down on the open oven door, and then took another bounce before sliding as fast as rocket about twenty feet across her tile floor. After its greasy adventure, the bird came to a rest after taking a final thud against the front door.

With the turkey on the floor and her dog licking up the trail, we looked at each other in slack-jawed suprise, before I burst out laughing and she burst into tears shrieking, "The turkey is ruined!"

"Oh, no it's not!" I said, scooping the bird back into the roasting pan.

I told her I had a plan, but that she would have to be sworn to eternal secrecy if she wanted to avert disaster....

We took the bird into the bathroom where I put the pan into the bathtub and we scubbed that turkey under the faucet like a dog off the farm. Once it was properly rinsed, we returned it to the oven, right-side-up, where the roasting continued.

Later, gathered around table and enjoying the first bite, one of the men announced "This is the moistest turkey I have ever eaten!" and everyone else chimed in agreement.

I just looked at Audrey, lifted my fork...

...and smiled.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 07:56 PM

That reminds me of a turkey incident Mr Clumsy had years ago. He had been on a run to Manchester with a cement delivery and whilst he was there he bought a very large frozen turkey. Whilst he was walking back to his lorry the turkey fell through the bottom of the carrier bag and set off at top speed down the road. Cars were pulling over to get out of the turkey´s way, people were standing at the side of their cars in hysterics watching this crazy man chasing a frozen turkey down the road. The turkey was eventually caught by a policeman, who couldn´t stop laughing either.

It must have been quite some sight to see.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
That reminds me of a turkey incident Mr Clumsy had years ago. He had been on a run to Manchester with a cement delivery and whilst he was there he bought a very large frozen turkey. Whilst he was walking back to his lorry the turkey fell through the bottom of the carrier bag and set off at top speed down the road. Cars were pulling over to get out of the turkey´s way, people were standing at the side of their cars in hysterics watching this crazy man chasing a frozen turkey down the road. The turkey was eventually caught by a policeman, who couldn´t stop laughing either.

It must have been quite some sight to see.
Was the turkey cited for speeding?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

19-02-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Was the turkey cited for speeding?
I believe there were some threats made in fun by the policeman. I just wish I'd seen the event.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top