Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 04:27 PM

Re: French Fishermen Threaten to stop UK Exports

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You forget, May, who was such a pushover for you, is no longer in the limelight. Gone, a busted flush. You are dealing with the big boys now. You know, the likes of Dominic Raab, who puts the fear of God into your negotiators, the one that the EU let out a sigh of relief when he resigned? We have many more just like him, all sitting next to him at that table to deal with trade agreements and any other matters of trade importance to this by then, wonderful to be free again sovereign nation.

So it doesn't pay for you to be too cocky.
You forget there are no negotiations, even tough boris is begging for them. Raab is too busy stoking up the fire in hong kong.

Before the EU comes to the table, first you honour the deal may closed. As you know, the brexit isn't even on the agenda for the commission of half october. We expect you to flikker op.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, not at all.

My lodgers are Polish.

A long term Labour supporter, there is no chance at all that I will vote for Corbyn.
I wouldn’t vote for anyone else. Have you noticed that my perfectly innocent post that you quoted has been removed?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 05:15 PM

You're dreaming! Where have you seen Boris "begging"?
The problem lies solely with the EU. If you were fair minded, you would agree that the only reason for the EU's continued intransigence and insistance on the failed Withdrawal Agreement being implemented - is fear! Fear that the United Kingdom will prosper while the EU fails.
Therein lies the truth.
I realised this when your esteemed leader first used the soundbite "The UK cannot cherry-pick". Of course, we can! as every negotiating team anywhere in the world does to get the best deal for themselves. It's only the EU who decided that didn't come into play with their plans.

Let's just be honest and admit that the EU is running scared that we gain access to European markets, by dumping the EU's regulatory overhead, hence making it easier for us to sign free trade deals with the rest of the world. A more competitive Britain. And make no mistake, once we are free of your shackles, that is exactly what Britain will be aiming for.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Let's just be honest and admit that the EU is running scared that we gain access to European markets, by dumping the EU's regulatory overhead, hence making it easier for us to sign free trade deals with the rest of the world. A more competitive Britain. And make no mistake, once we are free of your shackles, that is exactly what Britain will be aiming for.
Time and time again boris says no deal is not his intended outcome and that he wants to renegotiate.
Either he is stupid in that he doesn't know the reality why the extension was granted, or he is simply lying. In both cases he is an unreliable negotiating partner.

If your trading future is that bright, why then go on about cherry picking to stay in the single market and/or customs union? You bely your own argument.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:03 PM

It was your esteemed master that chose the saying "cherry picking". Any sensible person outside of your mad-house would simply know it as negotiating.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Regaining our fishing grounds in the event of a no-deal is our automatic right and the French had better get it into their heads that their free lunch is finished! Britain will become a normal marine nation, just as Norway and Iceland are. We will be happy to negotiate on an annual basis with our European neighbours like civil human beings, but if the French think they can continue to head for their traditional fishing grounds in our waters, even though banned, that will be pirate-fishing and breaking international law. And don't expect to see our fishermen from the South West just standing idly by and allow the French to fish illegally in their waters. I THINK NOT!
There will be no more destruction of crab pots within our own waters, there will be no more bullying and harassment of our fishermen.

We have a huge natural resource worth a collossal amount of money to OUR rural communities and at the moment we are giving it away free, so as said above, no more free lunch for the French!.

Oh, and if the French want to stop our fish coming via their ports, we'll take it through Holland and Denmark, thank you.
Certainly, there can be no doubt that the Frogs are our natural enemies.

As for policing our own waters, as has been mentioned by others, aircraft can cover large areas for surveillance. Interception, however, relies on no more than twelve boats and that is not good enough.
I heard a short while ago that our new destroyers cannot operate in warm waters as their engines can't cope. Why, then, can they not be used for fisheries protection in the North Sea and Channel?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Certainly, there can be no doubt that the Frogs are our natural enemies.

As for policing our own waters, as has been mentioned by others, aircraft can cover large areas for surveillance. Interception, however, relies on no more than twelve boats and that is not good enough.
I heard a short while ago that our new destroyers cannot operate in warm waters as their engines can't cope. Why, then, can they not be used for fisheries protection in the North Sea and Channel?

I find this difficult to believe even warm waters are not that warm so as to disable a destroyer .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I find this difficult to believe even warm waters are not that warm so as to disable a destroyer .
Well it has been in the news, Muddy. They cannot operate in tropical waters for any length of time due to engine problems.

I believe that corrections are being made, but I have no idea how long they will be restricted to colder waters.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:41 PM

How did they manage in the war ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-08-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How did they manage in the war ?
They didn't have gas turbines.

Not that gas turbines are problematic at all. It is just the particular ones that were installed in the Type 45 destroyers.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/type...l-navys-fault/

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top