Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:41 PM

Re: Personality not looks

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Surely it is personality which should count, not looks when forming a relationship? It is beyond my understanding that many women tart themselves up to attract a guy just because he is what they consider good looking, not taking into consideration whether he is a decent sort of person. No wonder so many relationship bite the dust very quickly when reality imposes itself.

A lot of lads tried to come on to me when I was young without any encouragement on my part. I dislike wearing make up or 'pretty' clothes, and have always dressed to please myself not the male of the species. Even when I met my husband I made no effort to attract him, he either liked me for who I am, or not. Apparently he did find the person I am to his liking and although we aren't lovey dovey or romantic we have stuck it out all these years, it obviously worked for us.
Sorry Tara,When I was young, it wasn't someone's personality that I ever held hands with. It was definitely good looks only when I was young.and they had to be way ahead in the fashion stakes too.
No way would I ever have been seen with an ugly man! I was far too much a vain and shallow princess for that. Besides, I had six of the best looking brothers in Town, what would that have said if I walked into the Youth club or the coffee house with an ugly man! I would have been treated like Cinderella and laughed out. Isn't that truly cruel, but that was life when I was young.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Surely it is personality which should count, not looks when forming a relationship? It is beyond my understanding that many women tart themselves up to attract a guy just because he is what they consider good looking, not taking into consideration whether he is a decent sort of person. No wonder so many relationship bite the dust very quickly when reality imposes itself.

A lot of lads tried to come on to me when I was young without any encouragement on my part. I dislike wearing make up or 'pretty' clothes, and have always dressed to please myself not the male of the species. Even when I met my husband I made no effort to attract him, he either liked me for who I am, or not. Apparently he did find the person I am to his liking and although we aren't lovey dovey or romantic we have stuck it out all these years, it obviously worked for us.
Tara why do you question what attracted people to their partners or how they present themselves when they go out for an evening?
We are all individuals who have our own wants & needs, yet the majority of us prefer to be with somebody we find attractive.
You may be different to the majority, but none of us are telling you that you chose by the wrong method! Some attractive people have great personalities, just as some less attractive people do, but isn't forming a personal relationship a personal thing, where we all make our own choice?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:50 PM

I think the fact that we all 'look ' for different things means there is someone for everyone you just have to find them .
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:56 PM

Men and women who say 'It's not looks that count, it's personality,' I guarantee have attractive spouses or partners.

But sometimes very good looking men choose plain looking women who can cook and spend much of their lives in the Kitchen, pandering to Mr Wonderful, as they know that there will be no competition in the admiration stakes.
These women are eternally grateful to be the chosen one.
However a real woman plain or otherwise, would show him where the Chip Pan was.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:27 PM

Do you really think men chose a woman on the basis of her cooking ?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you really think men chose a woman on the basis of her cooking ?
Yes I do Muddy.

Some men want to match their Mother's cooking.
I know a such a man and he definitely chose a good cook for his wife.
He would never stray as she fills him full of Steak and Kidney Pudding, and Suet Jam Roly Poly.

The poor man can't move afterwards.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Its good the supposition that the journey into a long term relationship is categoric, some folks just stumble into one, and never look back.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:03 PM

Stumble into many situations, who knows what will be thrown up.

That is not the contents of the stomach BtW.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:50 PM

My story is as corny as can be. From the first date with the woman who is now my wife 33 years ago I knew she was "the one" ONe of the reasons I knew was that I just had such a great time in her company. I'd had "successful" (Make of that what you will) first dates before but none of them came close to ours. There was no sex or anything like that. We just talked and laughed, ate great food and listened to great jazz all night. Sure she was, and still is a very attractive woman physically, but it was her lovely personality, sense of humour and wisdom beyond her years that bowled me over from that first night. She says she felt the same. After thirty three years, I think I can believe her.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 01:26 AM

I find intelligence and a sense of humour very attractive.Always have done ,even when a young Jack the Lad.Girls who could only talk about pop and fashion, regardless of their looks, were not for me.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top