Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Re: Personality not looks

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
To whom are you referring?
Victoria Wood.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Hi again, Not sure if I have told this saga before. You know me, I talk so much and so often, I forget.

I've only ever been actually "in love" with two men in my life. My first love when I was only fifteen, and the other is the man I married.

Seeing as I was such a little princess, being the only girl, protected by my many brothers, now I think about it, it must have been pretty daunting for the local boys to ask me out, those that did, usually MOD scooter pals of my brothers, I quickly lost interest in them within weeks, they never seemed to have that complete special something that would make my heart race and want to keep seeing them.
(under no allusion some must have also felt the same way about me).

So, it was quite an eye-opener when I first met the father of my gorillas. I was living in London, it was 1974 and I 'reluctantly' went to a Post Office social club disco with my best friend and her boyfriend. I confess to feeling a bit of a wallflower as I had just broken up with my then-boyfriend at the time and everyone at the disco worth a second look all seemed to be accompanied by the fairer sex. My first thought was that I would stay for a while and then make my excuses and grab a taxi home. It wasn't in my nature to ever be a wallflower! My friend's boyfriend was a real sweetie though and took it in turns to dance with both her and myself.

I then noticed this guy standing with a group of people. He was gorgeous! slim, good-looking (naturally) brilliant white Ben Sherman long-sleeved open-necked shirt with cuffs neatly turned up,(definitely a mum ironed-shirt) and jeans.
I kept waiting for some girl to return to his side, but no, he seemed to be on his own! yeah!.

I asked my friend's boyfriend who he was (he knew everyone) and he told me his name, he also mentioned that he too had just split from his long-term girlfriend and moved out of their flat and back home with mum and dad for now. (even better).

After that, I tried to catch his attention. Sometimes I thought he was looking my way, other times I thought... Is he even looking at me? anyway, it was my turn to have a dance and it turned out to be a fast Motown sound which was perfect for my friend's boyfriend to show off his jive moves. Luckily, I knew how to jive so was happy to join him on the dancefloor.

So there I was having a jive with him and I swear I didn't realise that we were moving nearer and nearer to the father of my babies until the music stopped, I was standing there trying to get my breath back and get my bearings after being swung around dozens of times, when I suddenly turned around to see a brilliant white shirt and jeans only inches away from me and there he was, looking at me and smiling. My friend's boyfriend grabbed my hand, grabbed his hand and made us hold hands, then he came out with, ........, this is Mary, Mary, this is ......, now for f....'s sake, dance! laughed and walked off back to my friend who was sitting there laughing her head off too, obviously in on their devious plan, but leaving me now standing there like an idiot, out of puff, a bit dishevelled after jiving, and not knowing what to say in response to such a disgusting, embarrassing but memorably funny introduction!

I needn't have worried though, after a slow dance, we sat down, he bought me a drink and that was that. He asked if he could walk me home, which I happily did.
When we arrived at my flat, I knew he was angling to come in for a coffee, but I was having none of that. So the evening ended with a kiss, my telephone number,(I made sure I gave both home and office number) a promise to ring me and goodnight.

I was on tenterhooks for the next 3 days,I wasn't used to chasing after a guy until now, but I kept wondering why he hadn't called. I tried to convince myself that if he had only been after one thing then he wasn't worth worrying about, trouble was, whenever I thought of him, my heart started racing again. So, I was over the moon when he eventually did ring me on the 4th day to ask if I would like to go to the cinema in the West End to see The Exorcist!! We've never looked back since
I love him as much today as the first moment our eyes met.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 04:30 PM

This bloke has a great personality, and a regular job bell ringing for his Cathedral. Ok he's not that good looking, but ladies, looks are not everything, are they!??

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
This bloke has a great personality, and a regular job bell ringing for his Cathedral. Ok he's not that good looking, but ladies, looks are not everything, are they!??

Wow, what a lovely guy!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by John ->

Lol! Looks like a role model for the entire population of Grimsby
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 05:54 PM

Oh just a minute...
His face rings a bell...

John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lol! Looks like a role model for the entire population of Grimsby
Yep, he'd definitely pull in Grimsby! And I don't mean his bells!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
He probably just has a good gander when you're not around....
Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Some of the most intelligent and witty conversations I have had in my life have been with men who were obviously physically attracted to me..and I to them.
The things left unsaid in our clever sidestepping around the glaringly obvious was a rush in itself
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What a shame romance is the spice of life !
In most people’s opinion .
Love it’s what makes the world go around and moreover is responsible for inspiring great world of art and literature .
Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am glad my husband doesn't ogle women in the way some men do. He thinks women who are flirtatious are rather silly and not very bright.
Most decent men don't ogle women certainly not in front of their wives .
Haha. Such a good read.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:57 AM

Most decent men don't ogle women certainly not in front of their wives .

Nor Go ogle them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:15 AM

What's wrong with Grimsby then?

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top