Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:39 PM

Re: What Exactly Is ‘Baiting’ On Forums?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Baiting though is just having a cunning talent to find a weak spot with somebody or being able to guess where their vulnerabilities are. Then go for that spot. The spot where they know it might hurt. The reaction is the reward. So they can sit back smugly and say something like "NO sense of humour? (haha)..or accuse them of being thin skinned. Or the old chestnut.."I'm entitled to my opinion"..Yes they are but how far does the "entitlement" go?.. Not much different to bullying really. Of course it's different when it's incoming to them. Often they can dish it out but can't take it. If I strike this kind of thing - anywhere- I agree that the best reaction is none. That can be a tall order when somebody belittles you or trivialises your view...or you.
That's very much how I see "personal" baiting .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:20 AM

Hey Floydy. I think I probably agree with you. I usually do but what's a PM? Also while we're here. what's a "WUM" ?
A PM Keezoy? Prime Minister mate. They are the worst
Private Message, cobber.

Dunno what a WUM is Woman Under Man?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:20 AM

Wind Up Mercant .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Basser, I agree entirely.
Ignore 'em if you can.

There's the Baiters, the WUMs, the Trolls, the Control freaks and the 'Last Worders.'
All of which are a pain in the bum.

Apart from that, I find most people are very nice.
I’m sure I fit in there somewhere.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Having worked in a factory with 25 other blokes for 35 years baiting happens all the time Arty, it's just part of factory life and you become immune to it. It's a bit harder to spot on a forum because you don't know anybody personally, especially when you are a newby, but after a while all the usual suspects become visible. Try not to get drawn, and either ignore it or use your sense of humour.....
My husband’s worked in the same company for 25 plus years and he is famous for doing this. In fact he’s exceptionally good at it. He picks on everyone. He says it’s a guy thing but I dunno.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wind Up Mercant .
THank you Muddy..And thanks Floydy. PM as applied to this forum..private messaging?..OK. I have never had one of those. Probably for the best. I have never tried to send one. I don't think I can on my log on for some reason. No never mind. BTW does anyone know what happened to Precious?..Bit worried about him. Hope he's OK.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:23 AM

[QUOTE=Bratti;1768201]I’m sure I fit in there somewhere. [/QUOTE

It is important (to me) to point out that I think there is a big difference between reacting aggressively, judgmentally, rudely or in any other way inappropriately to the statements, opinions, beliefs or values of others and simply disagreeing with them. I am the first to admit that I have been guilty of that here a couple of times and I regret it. Not taking sole responsibility mind. Just my part of it. Some people here have strong opinions that I disagree with. Others that I do. But sometimes people say things here that are so hard to read that It's hard sometimes not to react negatively or defensively. Nevertheless I do agree with you. For the most part the people here are great and it's a good place to spend time. I've certainly learned a lot about Brexit!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=keezoy;1768205]
Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m sure I fit in there somewhere. [/QUOTE

It is important (to me) to point out that I think there is a big difference between reacting aggressively, judgmentally, rudely or in any other way inappropriately to the statements, opinions, beliefs or values of others and simply disagreeing with them. I am the first to admit that I have been guilty of that here a couple of times and I regret it. Not taking sole responsibility mind. Just my part of it. Some people here have strong opinions that I disagree with. Others that I do. But sometimes people say things here that are so hard to read that It's hard sometimes not to react negatively or defensively. Nevertheless I do agree with you. For the most part the people here are great and it's a good place to spend time. I've certainly learned a lot about Brexit!
It's good to have you 'on board' keezoy, I like your style.....
keezoy
Australia

22-08-2019, 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;1768261]

It's good to have you 'on board' keezoy, I like your style.....
Why thank you sir!..That's nice to hear.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I keep out of controversial threads. I like a quiet peaceful net life.
While I completely understand that opinion I do wish more of the peaceful people would post in these threads it might calm the debates down more. We should all be adult enough to discuss things calmly.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top