Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:46 PM

Re: My Grandson Started Walking Three Days Ago But...

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If my daughters ask for my advice I give it where their children are concerned, otherwise I let them get on with it.
I agree we have little un in the family now and his mum has asked my help, I happily gave it but I also said what she was doing was absolutely fine anyway and only change if she finds it easier not to please me. I do think sometimes children rebel and deliberately do things different to their parents sometimes too. I know I came from a family that smacked and I did my very best to do completely the opposite. My husband came from a family where he still has scars on his back from the beatings he definitely completely rebelled and never raised as much as a hand to the kids.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It is you who needs a greater understanding, you must be a total nightmare if you try to impose your way off views on your family. Children will walk and talk in their own good time, NOT YOURS!
I am not a "nightmare". I am just an interested grandparent who knows about these things.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree we have little un in the family now and his mum has asked my help, I happily gave it but I also said what she was doing was absolutely fine anyway and only change if she finds it easier not to please me. I do think sometimes children rebel and deliberately do things different to their parents sometimes too. I know I came from a family that smacked and I did my very best to do completely the opposite. My husband came from a family where he still has scars on his back from the beatings he definitely completely rebelled and never raised as much as a hand to the kids.
I was thrashed within an inch of my life as a kid. I did smack my own children, but only lightly on the hand, if they didn't heed the warnings they had been given.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Cuppy, This is the conclusion that l have come to, too. We have all fallen for his ruse, hook, line and sinker!
Nice try, but no, of course not.

I prefer to side with the scientists who tell us that the first two years of development are crucial. When you HAVE to get it right. Rather than the legion of know-nothings on here.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Nice try, but no, of course not.

I prefer to side with the scientists who tell us that the first two years of development are crucial. When you HAVE to get it right. Rather than the legion of know-nothings on here.
You are the know-nothing, if you don't understand children develop at their own pace! Thank goodness you were not a grandparent to my children, you would have been barred from having anything to do with them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:07 PM

God help the child when he starts to talk.
Gravitas, Will your world fall apart, if he can’t pronounce the ‘th’ sound in his words?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I am not a "nightmare". I am just an interested grandparent who knows about these things.
If you feel you know about these things why bother to raise the topic on a forum thread, where you know you will get other's opinions?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:55 PM

Oddly many of us know nothings have brought up children we can be proud of and trust to bring up their children well too. It's a failure of the grandparent if they haven't raised their child to be a good parent surely ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2019, 02:06 PM

I don't pretend I was the perfect parent by any means, but as our children claim to have enjoyed their childhood, I can't have screwed up too badly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
God help the child when he starts to talk.
Gravitas, Will your world fall apart, if he can’t pronounce the ‘th’ sound in his words?

Imagine if he doesn't fink Sean Lock is funny.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top