Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Re: Oh What A Night!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, l should have explained the set up as it wasn’t a close group. There are about 1,400 members in our local U3A. You don’t always see the same people you have met before.
The event was held in a large room at a Sports and Social club in a local village. About forty people attended and they were scattered around the room.
Two ladies sitting across from us did witness it. They were giving me smiles and sympathetic looks. One said, it had happened to her not long ago.

I felt sorry, for the anxious lady as she was beside herself at what had happened.
I thought to myself, l can go home and wash my jeans and they will be ok but you will go home and still be the same in the morning and thereafter.

I have thought about it since and because l am confident and don’t have any problem mixing with and talking with new people, l don’t know any different.
It hadn’t occurred to me what an ordeal it must be for some people who don’t have confidence in themselves. The lady did tell me that her ex husband was a very strong person and he did everything. She never had to worry about anything as he did it all.
Now she was on her own, she was struggling.
What a trouper you are Art !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What a trouper you are Art !

Muddy, Not really!
Wild horses wouldn’t have dragged me away from the fish and chips! They are my favourite food after steak!
I also, wanted to hit a few skittles, so it was either be damp and stay, or still be damp and go home!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:06 PM

Did anyone think to enquire how the lady with social anxiety was faring up?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
John, lt wasn’t ten pin bowling, it was skittles that had to be picked up all the time. I did help for a while before l got a soaking but it’s a dangerous place to be!
If I was you Art, I'd stick with these Skittles instead!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
If I was you Art, I'd stick with these Skittles instead!

Now those are my kind of skittles!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top