Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Re: Stay of execution

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I survived!

I SURVIVED!!!

The surgery took only one hour, though advertised as 'one to two hours'. Very little pain; just a little towards the end. That being a rather more involved procedure compared to cataract removal, it was not unexpected.

The pre-operative procedures took longer. For example, after the initial consultation by the surgeon, he sent me for a retinal scan, accompanied by a nurse. I assumed that, as the surgeon would be waiting for my return before beginning surgery, the scan would be done immediately. I was wrong! I had to wait for all the others (outpatients) in the waiting room.

All of the staff were very caring and efficient, and I would recommend the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital to anyone.

I have been asked to return for review tomorrow at 9am. Rather more civilised an hour than today's 7.30am!

We were lucky, living only a few miles from the hospital. Another patient in the next cubicle (and within close listening distance!) came from Cumberland and she was slightly dismayed to learn the same thing. It would take her at least a couple of hours to make the journey tomorrow.
We're glad to have you back so soon JBR. Hope tomorrow goes as well for you too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:44 PM

Well done JB
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We're glad to have you back so soon JBR. Hope tomorrow goes as well for you too.
Thanks. The dressing comes off tomorrow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well done JB
I didn't do owt!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:49 PM

I survived!

I SURVIVED!!!

The dressing comes off tomorrow.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:58 PM

Glad it all went well JBR
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-08-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Glad it all went well JBR
Thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 09:30 PM

I survived!

I SURVIVED!!!

The surgery took only one hour, though advertised as 'one to two hours'. Very little pain; just a little towards the end. That being a rather more involved procedure compared to cataract removal, it was not unexpected.

The pre-operative procedures took longer. For example, after the initial consultation by the surgeon, he sent me for a retinal scan, accompanied by a nurse. I assumed that, as the surgeon would be waiting for my return before beginning surgery, the scan would be done immediately. I was wrong! I had to wait for all the others (outpatients) in the waiting room.

All of the staff were very caring and efficient, and I would recommend the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital to anyone.

I have been asked to return for review tomorrow at 9am. Rather more civilised an hour than today's 7.30am!

We were lucky, living only a few miles from the hospital. Another patient in the next cubicle (and within close listening distance!) came from Cumberland and she was slightly dismayed to learn the same thing. It would take her at least a couple of hours to make the journey tomorrow.

Well done that man.

Glad it's over now JBR, now you can concentrate on getting better.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-08-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well done that man.

Glad it's over now JBR, now you can concentrate on getting better.
I am certainly doing that.

Marge is insisting on running around after me and doing everything.

Not wishing to upset her, I am complying with her every wish.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Glad it went well JB

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top