Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:00 AM

Re: Is Boris a closet fascist who’s come out?

Originally Posted by itsme ->
"This could reduce the flow of traffic to 40 to 60 per cent of the current levels within 24 hours."

the action or fact of making something smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.

It does not mean that the traffic is not there anymore as you suggest it means that it will take longer to get through the port.

Neither is it about splitting hairs, it is about accurate observation, some thing you seem totally devoid of.
Imo itsme, you are so buried in minute details that you
totally miss the crux of the matter, imo of course?

Regards Donkeyman!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Imo itsme, you are so buried in minute details that you
totally miss the crux of the matter, imo of course?

Regards Donkeyman!

Words matter hee-haw as is being found in the EU debacle, especially when some one uses words that are not there. Still I hope you knew that. But possibly not.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:49 AM

"This could reduce the flow of traffic to 40 to 60 per cent of the current levels within 24 hours."

the action or fact of making something smaller or less in amount, degree, or size.

It does not mean that the traffic is not there anymore as you suggest it means that it will take longer to get through the port.

Neither is it about splitting hairs, it is about accurate observation, some thing you seem totally devoid of.
I highlighted your bit in bold above - it appears you now agree that this means you "halt" or "stop" part of the original amount right

First, you refer to an article as the basis for your argument. You then disagre with it your own article you used to argue with me about, you are now agreeing with me (to a degree) that its complete bollocks and now you are arguing that I was wrong but you are right.

You make no sense at all - we are all having a right old laugh in the office at this keep it up it's brilliant.

Here is an example ...

If I reduce the flow of 100 bananas a day coming into this country by half, this means that i have put a halt to 50% of bananas coming into my country each day.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I highlighted your bit in bold above - it appears you now agree that this means you "halt" or "stop" part of the original amount right

First, you refer to an article as the basis for your argument. You then disagre with it your own article you used to argue with me about, you are now agreeing with me (to a degree) that its complete bollocks and now you are arguing that I was wrong but you are right.

You make no sense at all - we are all having a right old laugh in the office at this keep it up it's brilliant.

Here is an example ...

If I reduce the flow of 100 bananas a day coming into this country by half, this means that i have put a halt to 50% of bananas coming into my country each day.

Where on earth does it say 'halt' or 'stop'? it says there will be less. i.e less lorries per day but they don't disappear.

Oh and by the way, get some kin work done.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Where on earth does it say 'halt' or 'stop'? it says there will be less. i.e less lorries per day but they don't disappear.

Oh and by the way, get some kin work done.
You quoted me. It was me that said "halt" and you decided it was the wrong word. I then explained to you that halting is the same as less lorries per day etc.

I've now corrected you again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 01:57 PM

For those interested in the truth in this epic battle, (re)read posts 75 and 77.
itsme
Wigan UK

23-08-2019, 05:58 PM

You quoted me. It was me that said "halt" and you decided it was the wrong word. I then explained to you that halting is the same as less lorries per day etc.

I've now corrected you again.

I decided that it was the wrong word because it does not exist, either in the document or in any posts by either myself or banchory and is therefore just another lie by yourself.

Post 77 by banchory says all there is to say on this subject.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-08-2019, 06:02 PM

I decided that it was the wrong word because it does not exist, either in the document or in any posts by either myself or banchory and is therefore just another lie by yourself.

Post 77 by banchory says all there is to say on this subject.

I said the word "halt" then you started splitting hairs over the meaning.

I've explained it over and over.

Your not right in the head
itsme
Wigan UK

23-08-2019, 06:09 PM

I said the word "halt" then you started splitting hairs over the meaning.

I've explained it over and over.

Your not right in the head

Are you using it as a verb or a noun? I can see you heading to google right now.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-08-2019, 06:15 PM

Are you using it as a verb or a noun? I can see you heading to google right now.

Why does using as a verb or noun make a difference ?

Learned to read yet ?

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top