Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Brassic ... On Sky 1

I don’t know why l am admitting that l watched this new six part comedy series on Sky1 last night at 9pm. It is also available on NowTV. I suppose, it was out of curiosity that l had a look in.

It is set in Lancashire about a group of working class friends finding unconventional ways to make money and survive in life. It stars, Joe Gilgun, Damien Molony, Michelle Keegan and Ruth Sheen who is a really good actress.

It won’t suit everyone but l found it very funny.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:19 PM

Re: Brassic ... On Sky 1

It sounded good but not having those platforms I can't see it. It's always nice when you find a decent programme isn't it and they don't come along so often these days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It sounded good but not having those platforms I can't see it. It's always nice when you find a decent programme isn't it and they don't come along so often these days.
Julie, I thought you had Sky? I remember you once saying how good SkyQ was. It was a while back though.

Brassic, wasn’t the type of programme l usually watch but the different characters were quite fascinating.

Two of them stole a blonde coloured Shetland pony and put it on the back seat of the car. The pony rested its head on the back of their seats.
They used hair dye to change its blonde colour, to black!

It won’t be everyone’s type of humour but it’s certainly mine!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:41 PM

I see its on now tv,all six to watch,I'll give it a go later.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Julie, I thought you had Sky? I remember you once saying how good SkyQ was. It was a while back though.

Brassic, wasn’t the type of programme l usually watch but the different characters were quite fascinating.

Two of them stole a blonde coloured Shetland pony and put it on the back seat of the car. The pony rested its head on the back of their seats.
They used hair dye to change its blonde colour, to black!

It won’t be everyone’s type of humour but it’s certainly mine!
Hey,its not bad,classic line,who do you think you are,Robin of Loxley.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Hey,its not bad,classic line,who do you think you are,Robin of Loxley.
caricature, I’m pleased you watched it and found it not bad!
There are some really good bits in it, that’s why l couldn’t give up on it.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t know why l am admitting that l watched this new six part comedy series on Sky1 last night at 9pm. It is also available on NowTV. I suppose, it was out of curiosity that l had a look in.

It is set in Lancashire about a group of working class friends finding unconventional ways to make money and survive in life. It stars, Joe Gilgun, Damien Molony, Michelle Keegan and Ruth Sheen who is a really good actress.

It won’t suit everyone but l found it very funny.
Talking of comedies about low-life criminal scum, were you a fan of Shameless?

Be honest now!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

Be honest now!
When it first started I thought it was great but the standard dropped over the years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

Be honest now!

Being totally honest, l never really watched Shameless. I once saw part of one episode but didn’t think l would like it.
I couldn’t tell you the name of anyone in it. Was the very large blonde lady, who lost loads of weight, in it?

I have watched four episodes of Brassic now and do feel a bit embarrassed for recommending it. There is a lot of sexual content that might offend some people but l will still watch it as it is cleverly written and very funny.
The actors in it are marvellous and so believable.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When it first started I thought it was great but the standard dropped over the years.
Longy, That’s the trouble when they write so many episodes and produce series after series. The content deteriorates as they start scraping the bucket

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top