Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Re: Hard border or no hard border ?

Originally Posted by gascony ->
I make it a problem? I'm just observing. I'm observing that while every politician (apart from the Brexit party simpletons) and every serious commentator sees the EU border as a problem ... yet you do not. So good luck with that piece of positive thinking.
I am sure you are certain in your views. I'm sure you think that you have got the evidence (err, you think you do). I suggest you take a loud speaker and a banner, nip across to border lands and explain your views to the local population. You do not need to convince me (especially as you can't, that being because you are wrong). You do need to convince people involved and directly affected. Off you pop now.
Or just maybe you do not understand things quite as completely as you think you do...

It's not a problem - even the EU have a paper on a max-fac arrangement for the Irish Border. Here it is - Smart Border 2.0

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDa...)596828_EN.pdf

Its EU lies aimed at people like you who suck it up and believe every word.

Come 1st November your fellowship of failed prime ministers, convicted criminals and ex-communists will have a lot of explaining to do to their people who, foolishly, trusted them to do their job.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 06:00 PM

I make it a problem? I'm just observing. I'm observing that while every politician (apart from the Brexit party simpletons) and every serious commentator sees the EU border as a problem ... yet you do not. So good luck with that piece of positive thinking.
I am sure you are certain in your views. I'm sure you think that you have got the evidence (err, you think you do). I suggest you take a loud speaker and a banner, nip across to border lands and explain your views to the local population. You do not need to convince me (especially as you can't, that being because you are wrong). You do need to convince people involved and directly affected. Off you pop now.
Or just maybe you do not understand things quite as completely as you think you do...

Just look up the thread on the malthouse solution, post 20. It's about the Smart border 2.0 study, brought up by bread, showing that smart border solutions are in contradiction with the GFA. Which of course he then denied. There was then and is now, no solution yet for the UK's problem of a hard border. But I'm sure boris will find it in the next 3/0/ 29 days.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just look up thread: the malthouse solution, post 20. It's about the Smart border 2.0 study, showing that smart border solutions are in contradiction with the GFA. There is no solution yet for the UK's problem of a hard border. But I'm sure boris will find it in the next 3/0/ 29 days.

Smart Border 2 in an EU solution ... read it

Nothing to do with Malthouse .. that was about Article 24 of GATT.

I thought you had me on ignore
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

24-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Smart Border 2 in an EU solution ... read it

Nothing to do with Malthouse .. that was about Article 24 of GATT.

I thought you had me on ignore
Once again I repeat: you have convinced yourself. And no doubt your less than sharp mates. However that does not matter, not one iota.
There is everyone else. Not the dim supplicants at Brexit HQ but serious people. Not just EU politicians and officials. Not just our own government and parliament. Everyone else. Every commentator and trade expert. Every observer and politician. The notion of smart is dumb.
So given the choice between you and your preference for partial reality and occasional truth (only) I think I will consider your views as suspect. As will everyone else. But do keep shouting your convictions into the empty void.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 11:36 AM

Hi

Boris has 30 days to come up with a Solution.

I wish him well.

May has scrapped all the work on a solution.

It is a nonsense.
Lawrence
New Member!
Devon
Lawrence is male 

24-08-2019, 12:49 PM

Definitely not into politics at all but I'm beginning to wonder where Nigel Farage might fit into all this....?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lawrence ->
Definitely not into politics at all but I'm beginning to wonder where Nigel Farage might fit into all this....?
He ties in with boris in next GE. One year after their league has been in government, nigel realises he is far more popular (still) than boris. He calls for another election to become the new and sole party in government.
Italy is going that road at present. It works.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 05:10 PM

Once again I repeat: you have convinced yourself. And no doubt your less than sharp mates. However that does not matter, not one iota.
There is everyone else. Not the dim supplicants at Brexit HQ but serious people. Not just EU politicians and officials. Not just our own government and parliament. Everyone else. Every commentator and trade expert. Every observer and politician. The notion of smart is dumb.
So given the choice between you and your preference for partial reality and occasional truth (only) I think I will consider your views as suspect. As will everyone else. But do keep shouting your convictions into the empty void.
And everybody, ( not the majority though ), Who is part of
the status quo, to hear you speak Gascony you would think
you lot are some sort of superbeing or might l say elite!
However, allthough that may be so, you are not a majority??

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-08-2019, 05:19 PM

Smart Border 2 is an EU paper.

You should be shouting silly names at your unelected masters not me. You look a fool and I pity you.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

24-08-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
And everybody, ( not the majority though ), Who is part of
the status quo, to hear you speak Gascony you would think
you lot are some sort of superbeing or might l say elite!
However, allthough that may be so, you are not a majority??

Regards Donkeyman!
Not super anything - just not idiotically hanging on to a wish rather than facing up to issues.
And where exactly is the majority for a no deal exit?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top