Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 03:59 PM

Re: USA 2020 - Itinerary

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi,

NEW YORK SIGHTSEEING:
Broadway (see a show?)
Madison Square Garden (see a concert?)
Manhattan
Brooklyn Bridge
Coney Island
Chinatown
Little Italy
Statue of Liberty (Liberty Island)
Ground Zero (9/11)
Macy’s
Times Square
Grand Central Station
Central Park
Day trip to New Jersey (Asbury Park)
I'm pretty sure we also had five days in NYC. The first morning was a whistle stop tour supplied by the tour company. For the following four days (sight seeing) I got hold of some city maps then plotted a course for each day taking in the things we wanted to see (more or less the same as your list plus the Natural history museum). It worked well and saved going backwards and forwards wasting time, did sort of round trips in each of the areas.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm pretty sure we also had five days in NYC. The first morning was a whistle stop tour supplied by the tour company. For the following four days (sight seeing) I got hold of some city maps then plotted a course for each day taking in the things we wanted to see (more or less the same as your list plus the Natural history museum). It worked well and saved going backwards and forwards wasting time, did sort of round trips in each of the areas.
Not something I'd really forget tbh...
Sounds good mate.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
All good stuff, cheers guys. I've taken your suggestions on board and added them to my plans. Keep 'em comin'

I'm writing out various alternative plans and various "Plan B's", trying to fine tune the trip. Vegas is definitely a no-no, my wife definitely is adamant she doesn't want to go there
Thinking of less flight times and hotel stays (as pondered on above) My new idea is to skip the stays at Chicago and Boston - we can always go to Boston for a day trip form NY), I'm now questioning Nashville.
The four nights we now have spare from those two cities we can use an extra day each for SF and NY but we can have two nights in Nashville also. I'd love to go there and it also breaks up the flight time perfectly. It's all coming together...slowly!
Would suggest leave the wife at home and go to Vegas...it will blow your mind
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Don't forget Kennedy Space Center. We went and well worth a visit.The size of the rockets are amazing and then out to the launch pad viewing area.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Don't forget Kennedy Space Center. We went and well worth a visit.The size of the rockets are amazing and then out to the launch pad viewing area.
No chance of that I'm afraid, Realspeed. It's in Florida.
Our budget (and time off work) doesn't stretch to going there unfortunately.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:03 AM

That looks fabulous Floydy. Did you say it's your first time there? I've never been to the West Coast. Would love to go sometime. Especially San Francisco. Hope to go back to NY some time as I went in '88 and it's changed so much.

I totally agree with Galty about Las Vegas. I never wanted to go there but we ended up going by chance on a driving trip. It was fabulous, a sensory overload. You could just go for one day/night and soak up the atmosphere. You can also see Hoover dam when you're there which is really impressive.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-08-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That looks fabulous Floydy. Did you say it's your first time there? I've never been to the West Coast. Would love to go sometime. Especially San Francisco. Hope to go back to NY some time as I went in '88 and it's changed so much.

I totally agree with Galty about Las Vegas. I never wanted to go there but we ended up going by chance on a driving trip. It was fabulous, a sensory overload. You could just go for one day/night and soak up the atmosphere. You can also see Hoover dam when you're there which is really impressive.
Hi Annie.
Yes, it's our first time in the States (apart from a one day stopover at Dulles Airport when I was in the RAF).

It's really early planning so far as we won't be booking the holiday until mid-October. I will try to get a couple of nights in Las Vegas but at the moment it's trying to find a suitable mid-point for a couple of night to ease the long flight from Flagstaff to New York. St. Louis may be an option.

It will all come together in the end!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 02:33 PM

You do have to do Vegas

No need for gambling.

I always have Christmas with my daughter her husband goes to his Mothers..

We will have a Christmas Day together as we have had since her mother died.

So one day drunk I said How about Vegas(she is a none gambler)

She then replied a day later after I thought want a stupid suggestion Yes she said but was also drunk.

So we went

We had great 4 days .

This is the Christmas present I brought her cost $45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrMxQcsIl8
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-08-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You do have to do Vegas

No need for gambling.

I always have Christmas with my daughter her husband goes to his Mothers..

We will have a Christmas Day together as we have had since her mother died.

So one day drunk I said How about Vegas(she is a none gambler)

She then replied a day later after I thought want a stupid suggestion Yes she said but was also drunk.

So we went

We had great 4 days .

This is the Christmas present I brought her cost $45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrMxQcsIl8
Oh my word! Did you have a go on it too, Galty?
No, it's not for me I'm afraid but Vegas is looking more of a possibility as this thread goes on I think
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Would suggest leave the wife at home and go to Vegas...it will blow your mind

Not just your mind Galty eh?

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top