Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:31 PM

Re: is the EU beginning to fall apart?

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
WE are leaving- Italy is deep in debt- Germany is also in trouble as well- Greece well that is a hopeless case with low employment and finance- other EU countries are wobbling yet France is saying everything is ok,to their own ends who only look inwards anyway. The USA and China are in dispute pulling down the world economy which is affecting the EU financial markets.

So is this the beginning of the end of the grand EU plan for a united Europe???? Looks like it
Almost certainly.

I have said as much before and I know I'm not the only one.

Of one thing, though, I am certain. All of the EU dictators will look after themselves. They'll all have money stashed away safely somewhere.

Individual countries, and some more than others, will be in big trouble. There will no longer be a EU in which the richer countries support the poorer ones; they'll have enough trouble of their own. What the poorer countries, who have relied on hand-outs from the EU, will do without them is anybody's guess.

There's an old saying: "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined!"

All the more reason why we should definitely get out while we can.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:38 PM

The EU is not an Empire, why can’t you extremely clever folks understand that?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Never noticed the last recession, lets hope this one is a none event.

Then you are very lucky, my job with a major bank (Hi Fred) went on holiday to India and never returned. Shortly afterwords the banks IT systems went tits up for a few weeks but we were never asked back; I'm still paying, the very high, price.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Almost certainly.

I have said as much before and I know I'm not the only one.

Of one thing, though, I am certain. All of the EU dictators will look after themselves. They'll all have money stashed away safely somewhere.

Individual countries, and some more than others, will be in big trouble. There will no longer be a EU in which the richer countries support the poorer ones; they'll have enough trouble of their own. What the poorer countries, who have relied on hand-outs from the EU, will do without them is anybody's guess.

There's an old saying: "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined!"

All the more reason why we should definitely get out while we can.
Taking your point of view into consideration, which is perfectly feasible but looking at the bigger picture ,the poorer countries could well end up defending themselves once again against Russian intervention. Where there is weakness, there is always another to take advantage, and that scenario is very concerning .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Then you are very lucky, my job with a major bank (Hi Fred) went on holiday to India and never returned. Shortly afterwords the banks IT systems went tits up for a few weeks but we were never asked back; I'm still paying, the very high, price.
Did you think about what Thatcher had done to our manufacturing in earlier years?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
The EU is not an Empire, why can’t you extremely clever folks understand that?
The EU has morphed into the Fourth Reich with only one difference from the Third Reich.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:04 PM

Did you think about what Thatcher had done to our manufacturing in earlier years?

Why should I give a **** about that?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Taking your point of view into consideration, which is perfectly feasible but looking at the bigger picture ,the poorer countries could well end up defending themselves once again against Russian intervention. Where there is weakness, there is always another to take advantage, and that scenario is very concerning .
I agree. The East European countries will certainly be under threat from Russia, who will want to regain their buffer states for their own protection from the West. I can understand their position, having been threatened by both Napoleon and Hitler in the not too distant past.

However, those East European states are still members of NATO and so can rely on protection. That is unless they fall for the European Army con and, consequently, leave NATO. That would be rather stupid if the EU is destined to fail.

Anyway, when I mentioned the 'poorer countries', I was thinking more about Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal. I don't think Russia has any immediate plans for them!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The ONLY thing that got in the way of having the Russian Federation from becoming a very good friend to the west was Barack Hussein playing silly buggers for his own scurrilous reasons.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-08-2019, 11:17 PM

You mean euthanising lame duck industries that were churning out stuff, often very bad quality stuff such as the dreadful Morris Marina that had to sold at a price considerably less than the cost to manufacture, of the Rover SDi with its shocking finish and lousy design engineering? I had one of them from new. Head lining fell down after a few weeks, radiator fell apart. Transmission stuck in second one day. Got rid of it after less than six months. Thatcher and her government pulled the UK back from the brink.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top