Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:38 PM

No News coverage....why ?

A Facebook post said there was a massive march in London yesterday, but it wouldn't be covered in the media. So I searched with the specific wording "June 25th 2017 London Football Lads march"

And this is what came up....

The Times

Discussionist

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84bpqTjswY

Youtube did have other posts to be fair.

Why should a peaceful march in London of ten thousand people fail to get on TV news or the daily papers ?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:48 PM

Re: No News coverage....why ?

I think it was a march of the Football Lads Against Extremism.
They organised it so there would be no chanting or singing, no flags or banners, they had a minutes silence on London bridge. Apparently there was six arrests but the press failed to say which demonstrators were arrested, football lads or EDL.
Approx 10000 marched no fights no trouble no photographs of hooligans rioting so that is why the tv, press didn't cover it.
Ordinary people demonstrating against extremism.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:50 PM

So it's not newsworthy ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
A Facebook post said there was a massive march in London yesterday, but it wouldn't be covered in the media. So I searched with the specific wording "June 25th 2017 London Football Lads march"

And this is what came up....

The Times

Discussionist

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q84bpqTjswY

Youtube did have other posts to be fair.

Why should a peaceful march in London of ten thousand people fail to get on TV news or the daily papers ?
The police had nothing to do all day...peaceful demo, no violence, no knives, no news!!
Bruv
Kent UK

26-06-2017, 03:56 PM

Its not a conspiracy then ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Its not a conspiracy then ?
Hi

Why should it be?

Sadly, all we seem to be interested in is nastiness or some " star", who I have absolutely no interest in at all, flashing a nipple.

It is a very sad reflection on society.
Bruv
Kent UK

26-06-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why should it be?

Sadly, all we seem to be interested in is nastiness or some " star", who I have absolutely no interest in at all, flashing a nipple.

It is a very sad reflection on society.
Where can I find that nipple ?

Is it a reflection on society or the meeja ?

Is it not worth the customary......."And Finally" ?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Do they do the "And Finally" anymore?

Everything is doom and gloom, I had no idea there was a march peaceful or not.

So 10,000 folks march and its peaceful... no coverage. but a handful try get into Kensington Town Hall and its lead story on the news?

Very confusing!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 04:47 PM

Not surprising, they don't report on the WASPI marches and demos either!
Bruv
Kent UK

26-06-2017, 07:01 PM

And here was something else that has kept it's profile low Far-right activists detained at UK border

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top