Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:39 PM

Whoops lol

Cooking lunch, ten minutes I shout someone set the table.

Ten minutes gone by everyone sat nicely waiting.

I go to get it out of the oven and yell ten minutes just ten more minutes.

I forgot to turn the oven on

Anyone else find things cook better if you turn the oven on ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Re: Whoops lol

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Cooking lunch, ten minutes I shout someone set the table.

Ten minutes gone by everyone sat nicely waiting.

I go to get it out of the oven and yell ten minutes just ten more minutes.

I forgot to turn the oven on

Anyone else find things cook better if you turn the oven on ?
Not if it's a salad.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Jam sandwiches all round at your house then Julie!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:51 PM

That's a senior moment, right there, not that you're a senior, Julie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 01:58 PM

l once had a Sunday morning job working on reception in a Squash Club.
The plan was, that l prepared everything before l left for work and my husband would just switch the oven on for the roast at about 11.30am. A bit later he’d turn the vegetables on and cook the Yorkshire pudding. I would come home and do the gravy as he couldn’t make gravy!

There was one Sunday and we were having a big roast turkey. Silly me, forgot to switch the oven on before l left for work. It was only later, when he rang and said, ‘What time do l need to switch the oven on for the turkey?’ .........Whoops!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not if it's a salad.
Good point

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Jam sandwiches all round at your house then Julie!

Might have been easier

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's a senior moment, right there, not that you're a senior, Julie.
How very dare you
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 02:42 PM

I feel so much better reading that Julie. You see I decided to prepare dinner for this evening, obviously my mind was on anything but dinner. I prepared the cauliflower, cooked it, made the cheese sause, so that's ready for the oven. I then peeled the carrots. Mr Clumsy came in and as usual looked what I was doing. "What's that" he said looking in a saucepan. "Carrots" I said, his reply, "funniest looking carrots I've ever seen". I looked, couldn't believe what I saw, I'd put the carrot peelings in the pan and thrown the carrots away.

I just know I am not ever going to live this down, it's going to all round the neighbours by dinner time tonight.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 03:10 PM

It does help Linda?

I like it Clumsy that is great.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-02-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I feel so much better reading that Julie. You see I decided to prepare dinner for this evening, obviously my mind was on anything but dinner. I prepared the cauliflower, cooked it, made the cheese sause, so that's ready for the oven. I then peeled the carrots. Mr Clumsy came in and as usual looked what I was doing. "What's that" he said looking in a saucepan. "Carrots" I said, his reply, "funniest looking carrots I've ever seen". I looked, couldn't believe what I saw, I'd put the carrot peelings in the pan and thrown the carrots away.

I just know I am not ever going to live this down, it's going to all round the neighbours by dinner time tonight.
That definitely makes me feel better
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 04:45 PM

How much fun you are, Julie! :lol

Better than leaving it in the oven....

One Thanksgiving I put the pumpkin pie in the cold oven to store it from the pack of wild mongrels that had overtaken my home.

Several days later I opened the oven up to discover that the forgotten pie was still there, covered with lovely patches of blue mold.

Yummy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top