Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 01:07 AM

Re: Did Anyone Watch The New Watership Down?

Just seen it at a friends house - no where near as good as the original. Why do film makers keep on doing this - remaking things to such inferior quality?

If it ain't broke - don't fix it!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 09:09 AM

On the first night my cat, who has asthma, would not take his eyes off the screen for at least 5 mins. He tried to smell the screen, touch the rabbits & was so excited when he saw a bird fly off.
It was very entertaining, but must have worn him out because he slept on my lap through the second night.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 09:27 AM

Watched it last night, thought it was ok, will watch the second one tonight..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 08:45 PM

Finally got around to watching this, was a bit dubious about it after reading the posts here. But I loved it, certainly different even though it stuck to the story, a lot darker than the other one, which I also love.
Julie, I found the burrow scenes fine, not too dark at all. I think it must just have been your TV Set.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 12:18 AM

They did a really good job, but the other rabbits were so mean, that it depressed me. The end was good. I'd never read the book, nor did I see it the first time. It mirrors life.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Yes watched with trepidation as I remember the original being a bit of a horror story . I prefer the new version It’s more family friendly.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 03:37 PM

I hope it may come out on DVD, or I can find it to download. I downloaded the Audio Book and will wait until after the holiday to listen. I often do online jigsaws and I like an audio book to listen to at the same time..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 08:20 PM

My first edition of Watershed Down arrived yesterday so I'll be watching it this weekend. With all the comments on here about it, I'm looking forward to it .... I did enjoy the second one.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Just seen it at a friends house - no where near as good as the original. Why do film makers keep on doing this - remaking things to such inferior quality?

If it ain't broke - don't fix it!!
I'm glad someone agrees with me. I didn't like it as much as the original film either.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top