Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:05 PM

Re: Organic Slug & Snail Repellent

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Yep, Sorry. I didn’t realise that the gardeners above had already mentioned this....sorry ladies.
I have a dog, a Yorkie called Fang der Wunderhund...I use pellets because I grow a lot of dahlias, both in the ground and in pots and never had any problem with the hound eating them.
With regard to pellets, you don’t need mounds of them next to your plants, just a scattering along the bed, plot border or pot.
It works for me, and Fang

Thanks for that.
It was just when the Nurseries said they smell when wetted that I thought it might encourage their snouts to investigate.

The youngest one picks up everything she finds, brings it indoors, and either eats it, or hides it in her bed. Your Fang is probably more sensible.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:13 PM

Fang is thicker than whale blubber....but he has his uses..he broke the fall of my camera this morning, I was taking some shots of the sparras on the bird feeder with a long lens, one leg of the tripod collapsed, camera and lens were stopped from hitting the patio by a sleeping Wunderhund....he was not impressed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:18 PM

Fang is thicker than whale blubber....but he has his uses..he broke the fall of my camera this morning, I was taking some shots of the sparras on the bird feeder with a long lens, one leg of the tripod collapsed, camera and lens were stopped from hitting the patio by a sleeping Wunderhund....he was not impressed.

Poor little mite - him, not you
Bet it frightened the life out of him.

How's your Dahlia's doing this year?
Do you find much difference in progress of potted ones and ground planted?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor little mite - him, not you
Bet it frightened the life out of him.

How's your Dahlia's doing this year?
Do you find much difference in progress of potted ones and ground planted?
It made him jump but he forgave me. The potted dahlias that were overwintered in the green and only came out at the beginning of this month are doing well, flower heads forming.
The others in the ground are getting quite bushy and about two weeks behind, so not a great deal of difference.
I don’t bother lifting and storing the tubers anymore the winters are warmer now and most of them survive.
I only lift those tubers that I want to propagate from.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=Rehab44;1735375]It made him jump but he forgave me. The potted dahlias that were overwintered in the green and only came out at the beginning of this month are doing well, flower heads forming.
The others in the ground are getting quite bushy and about two weeks behind, so not a great deal of difference.
I don’t bother lifting and storing the tubers anymore the winters are warmer now and most of them survive.

[Mod edit: link removed]

You can see your real name when using google photos rehab.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

29-06-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
You can see your real name when using google photos rehab.
Thanks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-06-2019, 09:34 PM

It made him jump but he forgave me. The potted dahlias that were overwintered in the green and only came out at the beginning of this month are doing well, flower heads forming.

Thanks for that.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2019, 06:55 AM

I bet he was pleased to know that as well as chief houseguard and companion, he also has a secondary rôle as a falling-camera cushion!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

30-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I bet he was pleased to know that as well as chief houseguard and companion, he also has a secondary rôle as a falling-camera cushion!
I don’t think it’s a position he wants full time
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-06-2019, 02:42 PM

I don’t think it’s a position he wants full time

Perhaps you should pay him a bit more then.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top