Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:30 PM

Re: One for the ladies

Did you know that Arkwright's, been going through the change on Open All Hours, for years now!??
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 12:09 PM

I was 40 when my menopause started and 48 when it was completed. I learned to grin and bear it, having no wish to take HRT as suggested by my GP.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I was 40 when my menopause started and 48 when it was completed. I learned to grin and bear it, having no wish to take HRT as suggested by my GP.
EIGHT years!!! Still I reckon mine actually started a few years back so they could be out the way by my mid fifties?

I live in hope!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 06:19 PM

In my mid forties, l was getting symptoms of the menopause. Hot flushes, especially at night and shouting at everyone.
It made me feel so miserable that l went to the doctor who prescribed HRT.

It was marvellous! I didn’t get the flushes and l stopped shouting at everyone.

It improved my complexion, my hair really improved and my teeth were very white and strong. I felt so confident and empowered. I still, sometimes wonder, if taking HRT caused me to get divorced as l was a different person.

Ten years later, when l was 53, the scare about HRT hit the headlines and l stopped taking it. Besides, ten years was a long time to be taking it.

I immediately, suffered hot sweats at night and l couldn’t sleep. I took Black Cohash (which didn’t suit me at all) and Evening Primrose but still the hot flushes/sweats continued. Not long after, they lessened and l was fine.

I did read, if you have a baby at a late age as l did when l was 40, it can cause you to go through an early menopause?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
In my mid forties, l was getting symptoms of the menopause. Hot flushes, especially at night and shouting at everyone.
It made me feel so miserable that l went to the doctor who prescribed HRT.

It was marvellous! I didn’t get the flushes and l stopped shouting at everyone.

It improved my complexion, my hair really improved and my teeth were very white and strong. I felt so confident and empowered. I still, sometimes wonder, if taking HRT caused me to get divorced as l was a different person.

Ten years later, when l was 53, the scare about HRT hit the headlines and l stopped taking it. Besides, ten years was a long time to be taking it.

I immediately, suffered hot sweats at night and l couldn’t sleep. I took Black Cohash (which didn’t suit me at all) and Evening Primrose but still the hot flushes/sweats continued. Not long after, they lessened and l was fine.

I did read, if you have a baby at a late age as l did when l was 40, it can cause you to go through an early menopause?
Well Art you are a great advert for it. Because you are still happy, healthy and totally glam despite your recent health scare.
Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Are you still having periods? I syaryed with flushes and nearly non stop periods for two years and then just after my 50'th birthday my periods stopped.I still had flushes for another two years after that.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

07-08-2019, 07:56 PM

Hi all.
Hi all, I had my daughter when I was 43 and I guess went in to peri about 47.
I had horrible sweats and flushes until periods stopped at 54 and have been more or less fine since. No HRT or anything xxx

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top